E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Maximum PSI E46M3 turbo kit dyno comparison/results

9K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  TrippinBimmer 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

It has been a long road, however we finally have some dyno runs with our current production hardware on our Superflow AutoDyn 30 chassis dyno in addition to a Dynojet 224x. The results further confirm that our dyno reads about 6% lower than Dynojet SAE #'s. The test car was my 2002 E46 M3 6 speed. It has our production turbo kit with a twin scroll tubular header, stock section 2 and stock muffler. No exhaust cutout.

The Superflow dyno plot 16Feb2013_5 is with the catless downpipe. The max boost shows 8.9psi, however the run was at 8.4 psi at peak hp. I drove it home loaded with a bunch of tools, some fuel, and some exhaust components. I headed to my friend's dynojet this afternoon to get some dynojet numbers, and to get some comparitive dyno data.

I ran the car with the following configurations:

Catted downpipe, 93 octane, 8psi
stock section 2
stock muffler

Catless downpipe, 93 octane, 8psi
stock section 2
stock muffler

Catted downpipe, 103 octane, ~12psi
stock section 2
stock muffler

I will update the thread with more results from our dyno this week. Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I drove it home with the catted downpipe and 103 in the tank. It was a fun ride :D

#5 ·
#7 ·
The current stage 1 kit is set for 93 octane at 8psi and it can be turned up to 11-12 psi with 103 octane. Other options are being tested including larger injectors with switchable maps and/or e85.

#9 · (Edited)
Sorry ill fix it tomorrow once I get to my laptop. It is on our Facebook page: Facebook.com/maximumpsi. Like us to follow our shop!

#10 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to add the runs are using our twin scroll tubular manifold! It really helped the bottom end power/torque.

#18 ·
I was pleased with the results. We used high quality cats and tried to make the system flow as nice as possible while still bolting up to the stock section 2.

#14 · (Edited)
I threw the car on our dyno this morning and ran it at the same settings:
Catted downpipe, 103 octane, ~12psi
stock section 2
stock muffler
These were the results on our dyno. Considerably lower than a dynojet. Unfortunately our dynojet doesn't have boost logged so all I can go off is my gauge, however the runs looked identical on my in-car gauge.

After that I turned up the boost controller and picked up even more power! Based on the results I bet we would have made 565+ on the dynojet yesterday.

Next I pulled the muffler so it was the catted downpipe and stock section 2. I also lowered the boost back down to the same levels at the first pulls to keep it equal. It looks like boost stays a bit higher in the end without the muffler, so that helps the power as well. The two higher power pulls are without, the others are with:

#15 ·
#17 ·
Today's tests were to get the catted system running uncorked. It will pick up even more power with a 3" full exhaust. I have to fab that up now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.