E46 Fanatics Forum banner

WinCE Desktop patch for Dynavin units + WiFi patch

324K views 828 replies 112 participants last post by  ganton 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to all,

there are so many threads about dynavin so i decided to start another one where you can talk only about patches, modding, etc.

I`m the software developer that built the wince drivers for 3g modem making possible internet access on dynavin units.

This will be the OFFICIAL support thread for Dynavin 3G customers.

First, about my work, read ( long read ) here : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203 , i see that my work is unknown on this forum.

The patches can be bought from here:

www.flydigital.ro/wince

My wince patch will enable desktop access and will change the interface in navi mode to a nice looking iphone like shell.

Latest development is the wifi patch, that will enable wifi access in your car, the main purpose is to connect to your phone ( used as an wifi access point : iphone, windows mobile, symbian ) and share its 3g internet connection, so you`ll not be forced to pay double for data services.

More details in the link above.
Any questions just ask.

Thanks,
Petrut

Edit : more info about wifi patch.

1. you`ll need to buy the wincedesktop patch for dynavin devices, then the wifi patch.
2. wifi patch come with a license valid for only the device that was built for ( will not run on other units ), if you have more than one device you can purchase a reseller license.
3.you need to reflash the wince, because all 3g units have now chinese wince. I`ll provide english firmware ONLY for my patch customers.
4. compatible dongles are the ones with ralink 3070 chipset. Tested and working so far :

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDUP-802-11n-Mi...046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f88c78e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edimax-150Mb-80...440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caf87aa00

See less See more
#96 ·
I think I have the screen set that I can deal with. It seems like for the most part you will need to use a stylus when using the windows ce hack. I forgot what the screens were called and the picture I took didn't come out that I wanted to post up. There is a screen or display option under the main navi shell/interface in the settings. there are three options in there. one is brightness, and the other two deal with screen size. One of those two has the ok in the middle and the four arrows and has a green/red lined border around the edge. I made sure these were both visible in the screen. the other option has two bars with arrows on either side. I have both of those set to zero. then with the calibration crosshairs, I selected just a little on the inside to try and help the screen go a little smaller.

I can get screen captions if needed, but I am sure you all have seen these screens before and sorry for my poor description. Before I did this, I could see the X buttons and start menu button, but it was impossible to push them with a stylus or my finger. using the stylus or pen it appeared to select something else. now it does select the X and other items around the edge.

hope that makes sense. now just waiting on the antenna and the final wifi file from petrut. he definitely helped me a lot today. I had some issues with files transferring the first time and the second time it worked and then for some reason something got corrupt. ended up formatting the sd card and loading everything again and so far so good.

#99 · (Edited)
Petrut,

Quick question, When I plug my phone into the USB port on the back of the Dynavin a windows box pops up. It's all in Chinese except for USB in the middle of the Chinese.

Is the Dynavin just recognizing that something is connected to the USB port or could it possibly be recognizing it as a modem?

In the windows pop up box there is a box to write in, like to enter a code, What is this and what does it mean?

I know this is not a question about your hack software but I figure you wrote the code, you might be able to help me understand what i'm experiencing.

Thanks

#106 ·
I seemed to get GAPI working with my V5 unit (the little popup window displayed briefly upon startup). This was only after I went through the GAPI setup menu and selected Audi instead of BMW. However, upon subsequent startups of iGo the little popup was not there AND I had to go through the menu setup process all over again. It didn't seem to save my settings.

I deleted the gx.dll until this can all get sorted out. Would be really nice to have though. :D

John

#110 ·
Hello all... by way of introduction I have a Dynavin E39/E53 unit just released. I have done the WINCE Hack successfully and I am now waiting on my wifi adapter to arrive so I can do the wifi update. I was able to source the wifi adapter from the US for those of you that are interested here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GBVEHO/ref=oss_product

I do have a question about where to access the IE or Opera browser? Links appreciated.

#112 ·
finally got my antenna today. so I need to get everything setup again and figure out what to do to get the internet working now. (need to go back and read directions and stuff). My phone isn't jailbroken and I don't think I need it to be. I think I remember mention of a driver. either way, just need to go back and review the documentation I have. hope to get it working this week.

#113 ·
Petrut - Is the GAPI patch ready to go? If so do I need to download the Hack again or is it something separate?

Also, Looking in the Dynavin Forum 3G Threads - It shows Win7 running including remote desktop. That would be very cool and make life much easier. Will wifi have same capability?

Thanks... still waiting on wifi adapter which should arrive today or tomorrow. Will post a few pics when I get it working. I am using Nexus One mifi instead of iPhone, but should be the same as long a phone has access point capability.

#122 ·
how large are the icons and pages Sinboo? I know the wince stuff is pretty small and some of the games I have tried. I haven't jailbroke my iphone yet and don't think I want to if everything is the same size as in wince. the screen shots appear ok in size. go play solitaire and let me know the size comparison if you could please.

#125 · (Edited)
jailbreak...do it...MyWi is the best app I have ever seen....I use it on my laptop with wifi when away from home ....and ive been using its USB tether feature at work recently as I have been upgrading my computer and have multiple computers at the moment but no router.....so I just plug in my iphone to the usb on the internet unconnected computer, turn on MyWi, and it works flawlessly, no fuss. And its relatively fast, curiously much faster than the iphone itself.

How do you think im all over these forums 24/7 :D:D:D

#126 ·
Sinboo50: For some reason Dynavin ships the units with partly Chinese WINCE. Opera gets his language setting from WINCE locale settings and this is also set to Chinese.
To change this, You will need to install English WINCE. I have completely English WINCE for E46 V5 devices, i believe that the GPS board is the same on E39 device, however i'm not 100% sure about this. If you install a WINCE which is not made for your board, it will brick your GPS board.
Contact me by PM if you want completely English WINCE.

#129 ·
Ill check with dynavin to see if it is the same on the E39 as the E46.....I believe it is but we definitely want to be SURE...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.