E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Socal General Chat

27M views 244K replies 611 participants last post by  Bali 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Version 2.0 of the Socal General Chat thread. Enjoy!

The E46Fanatics Team

#191,690 ·
oh, and 9 years of marriage, 11 years since we first started dating.
Congrats!

Well, jake just spilled the beans on accident about the gifts I got her. So I just got another gift from her, since she now has her gifts.

She also got me a nascar racing experience package :woot: and put down a deposit on a 12 day European Cruise/Vacation this summer....
Sweet!

#191,691 ·
Thanks
I took about 40 long exposures over the freeway
Only liked 3 of the shots
And this one is probably the cleanest streaks of lights

[bimmerapp]
It's tough to get it right. Have to set it up to get just the right streaks of light and not wash out the sky with all of the light pollution.

#191,692 ·
Making a race motor out of an M10 sounds even more expensive and less practical than just putting in an S14. :rofl:
It's cheaper than doing an S14 swap, especially if you plan on having to rebuild the thing at some point.

#191,693 ·
Ugh
I'm on the verge of getting sick
Oh no
I was out and about in the cold a little too long yesterday
My body was cold for a long time even after I came indoors

[bimmerapp]
Have some soup and feel better.

#191,697 · (Edited)
kalimmmmmm
my rocket boosters are back
:facepalm:
license plate lights again
both sides
must be bad contacts
Maybe. Had to replace a few sockets because the contacts were burned, just like how the turn signal sockets go bad. I think around $20 for both? Not too expensive.

Hopefully it's just that and not the wires in the trunk loom breaking.

#191,698 ·
just got home, going to start packing
i should make a list of stuff

and i just realized i forgot to return something to fry's ... and to pay for a storage unit for march (just in case i don't come back in time)
I'm excited for you.
Make us proud.

#191,700 ·
I can do it cheaper than buying a S14 then completely rebuilding it. Also, if I was to swap a S motor in then I would use one with much larger displacement like this guy attempted but never finished:

http://members.roadfly.org/cracker2/DSCN2036_edited.JPG[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Really? Have any specifications on the previous high strung BMW motors you've built?

Not sure I'd put that big of a motor in a 2002. Seems like too much weight and power for a chassis designed for much less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.