E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  das_autobahn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#8,803 ·
:( put her into neutral at 60 and back to drive by accident
I have done that a couple of times. It scares the **** out of me as I realize immediately that my car is an auto and I am not supposed to upset her in any sense. :( I have a habit of resting my hand on the shifter(came from driving manual cars before) and going to sport or steptronic mode in highway speed.

But I like it because if I had a manual I would be really mad when I reach work or come home after million tiring shifts through 15 miles of bumper to bumper traffic in rush hour.

As for the thread, I am looking at it parked under a tree in the street from the window and cursing myself for not finding a better spot to park. I know I have to clean a **** load of leaves and pollen later as its really windy today. I just hope birds find a proper loo today and not take my car as their designated poop spot :banghead:

#8,806 ·
Waxed and detailed the interior. Meguiars Techwax 2.0 works fairly well.
Oil Change next week.

Also looking for some Orion V2's if anyone has them for sale :)

#8,807 ·
#8,809 ·
Got gas and had my wheels retorqued after my tire rotation. Considering cleaning it up really quick and doing an impromptu photo shoot but I feel a bit on the lazy side.

#8,812 · (Edited)
Ive Been pondering the idea of wrapping my car again for Eurofest and having fanatics and others sign or tag up on the car. What do you guys think? Yay or nay ?

This is what it'll look like, I've done it before for a cross county trip thru Canada.
Do love the color....!!! With closer look of my iPhone that's blue painters tape....!! Love it...!!!

Where to Canada?

#8,813 ·
Valve adjustment, needed 14 shims, new plugs, vcg....sounds better and seems to drive better, not sure if it's the placebo effect or if it really helped...great job by Kaiv...thanks much bro

#8,816 ·
#8,818 · (Edited)
Found out the fix i did yesterday didn't work.. Went out with a few other fanatics tonight and saw a coolant leak in the same spot as the other day.. I changed the water return hose,and it seems its leaking from the same area.. gotta take my car apart again tomorrow before Eurofest. I think its part #3 in the real oem diagram..(fingers crossed Rallye BMW has the part)

Diagram Auto part Line art