E46 Fanatics Forum banner

VMR CSL 18'' or 19''?

50K views 102 replies 33 participants last post by  tpratt2 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting VMR CSL reps for my 330ci. Just wondering what would look better. 18's or 19's. If you guys can post some pictures that would be helpful. Also if someone has a titanium silver with hypersilver wheels that would be even better. Thanks.

#65 ·
Are you serious, or joking? Because I would love to get some nice looking 17's, something not too heavy. But I seem to be in the minority. 18 and 19in wheels are heavy, and slow your car down. If you look for really lightweight 18's or 19's, they get REALLY expensive, like 1/3 of the value of your car expensive. And I just can't do that. But it is getting very hard to find 17in wheels now. Most of the ones I like are not available in 17in.

#6 ·
#18 ·
19s should not raise the car. It's a wheel/tire "plus system"

it would only visually trick one to thinking it's raised

#19 ·
#36 ·

(i personally like cross drilled rotors. have them on the 323Ci and also bmw oem CSL ones on my latest M3)

#24 ·
I had 18" CSLs, ride was smooth, everything was fine to be honest.

Roads in my area and where I work aren't too bad so one day I was thinking about it and decided to see how much my 18's would sell for. Found a buyer to purchase them for a couple hundred less than what a new 19" set would cost me with tires included.

Decided to go for it and went with 19" CSLs.

Yes it's a bit bumpier but I forget all about that everytime I look at the car. With a proper drop, 19's can't be beat when it comes to looks.

Provided you have decent roads, I'd say go for it. If you don't however, I'd say to stay practical.

#27 ·
I've been avoiding dundas for about a year now lol, im from suaga, whole god damn city centre (where I live/work) is doing new roads or expanding them for the last 2 years :( and if i try to avoid those, I have to drive on the roads with pothole heaven and uneven roads D:

#29 · (Edited)
I hear ya, i'm slammed on 19's and square one area is a total nightmare. That's why you should just stick to lakeshore, nice roads and very scenic :)

Ya cause i'm not sure i wanna lower it anymore... my sport suspension looks great already.
If that is the case, you should just stick to 18's then. The moment you get 19's, you'll want it lowered as your wheel gap will be that much more noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.