E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Post your auto shift knobs.

44K views 87 replies 44 participants last post by  Mark H 
#1 ·
hey guys im tired on my wood shift knob, lets see what you got.:thumbsup:

#10 ·
^

button the back of the stock auto shifter... you need to push in the button and step on the brake pedal to get it out and into a gear.

and the paddles on teh steering wheel is a retrofit. step trannys could in fact become SMG like using the paddles to shift gears

#15 ·
1.The button doesnt really do shlt. It works fine without it

2.if you have a steptronic tranny there is a DIY on how to make the SMG paddles work with Step.

:thumbsup:
1. Nope...depress the brakes to move it out of Park and after that, you can move it freely from R > N > D > Sport or Steptronic Mode. This knob feels alot lighter than the stock one.

2. Paddles can be retrofitted. These are SSG paddles that were installed, specifically for my hand size, so it feels very comfortable for me. Being SSG, and not SMG paddles, either side upshifts and downshifts.
:bow:

#50 ·
is this an automatic with a manual boot covering the usual tranny "map"? i like the look but am wondering if anyone has complications with this...like with valets who don't realize what's going on or where the P and D are. although im sure the answer im going to get is :censor: valets altogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.