E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Heat Issues w/my 2000 328CI

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jasonbimmer 
#1 ·
New to you all here and would like to say hello and hope to follow this site as long as I can. My coupe has heat one day and then the next, none at all. Don't know if I'm not making the proper adjustments (this is my 1st. BMW) or what could be happening, but winter is here in the Northeast and I nnnneeeeeeddd some heat. Any info or advice will greatly be appreciated.

#2 ·
Sounds A LOT like me to air in your cooling system. I had a similar problem, would have heat while driving then 10 mins later lose it. Turns out my T-stat got stuck closed a few months later, after overhauling the whole system the problem was gone.

If I were you, I would overhaul the entire cooling system (if you don't know when it was last replaced, then replace it). Make sure to bleed the system properly.

Start by running coolant temps via the onboard OBC, search on here if you need help on how to do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.