E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Cold Air Intakes.. Who has this?

956 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  johnhab 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Do a search here, there's tons of info.

People have had cold air intakes for years now where have you been. Also anything on ebay is a definite no. Yeah if you want to TRY a CAI especially in winter with cooler air. But come summer, all your power will be sucked up since the CAI without heat shield will suck hot air. Do a search...

There's GruppeM, Dinan, ECIS, Jim Confori, Racing Dynamics, and a Injen intake coming soon. So do a search e46fanatics on these and you will find what your looking for.

#3 ·
There was an earlier post about the same intake. The main problems listed were that there is a lack of support. There is one support bar in that shot and the tube doesnt curve to the right position for optimal airflow. The Dinan intake has a support piece for the AFM tube and also a bracket the Filter goes through to hold it still and in place. Here's a pic of the Dinan intake removed from the car.

#4 ·
rcgait1, I haven't been on this board long, but if I've learned anything, it's that my question has probably been asked before, and thus you can search the archive and find info on it. And believe me, the CAI question is probably one of the top 5-10 topics discussed on the board.

As KevinJ_2k1_325ci said, there are plenty out there (and more coming), but I think the biggest sellers on the board are Dinan, ECIS (which I have) and maybe GruppeM (which is the most expensive).

Again if you search the archives, you'll see the debates on which are best, but you'll ultimately need to make the decision on what features you want for what price.

That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend that you DON'T buy that eBay one. As mentioned before, no heat shield, so the "cold" in "cold air intake" is pretty much nullified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.