E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Debating between an M3 and CLK 500

5K views 87 replies 36 participants last post by  presario 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not getting a new car anytime soon but I'm really starting to love the new CLK more and more. Does this look hot to anyone? WOW!

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn you presario...

U just got those HREs and now you're thinking of getting the new CLK? Man, you're never satisfied are you???

Steve

#3 ·
hey i was also thinking about the same thing....

im thinking of getting a new m3 with SMG(maybe a used one) or a new 2003 CLK320

a clk500 is too expensive for me....

the clk320 is very nice-looking especially with brabus kit and xenons....but M3 will be very very fun to drive....a mercedes cant compare to bmw in terms of handling...

#5 ·
Hey man I just got My M3 a month or so ago.. And I had they same question. Either to get the CLK5 or C32 or stick with the M3...

If you want Looks, Id go with the Mercedes.. They have a sweet look to there new car models.:thumbup:

But if your looking for all around looks and performance blend then stick with the M3...

I stuck with the M3 instead of the Mercedes because I felt if I was going to move into the Mercedes line, I going to feel a lot older. Im going to cruise a lot more and Im going to pretend Im something I aint.

In the M3 I got my Luxury Car.. and On top of it all and I havent gotten any older, i only feel younger. I drive like an M*&@%# and I can cruise with style like one too. So I debated between the feel of the car and the looks... I realized the mercedes looks Excellent but its not going to feel the same. Where on the other hand the M3 still has the great looks but I also had an Excelllent Feel to it aswell.. Put the weights in your hand, and see what you want exactly.. then decide.. no matter what you choose. there both beautiful cars..

#7 ·
it is just human nature.. we will never be satisfied :dunno:

#14 ·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Last I checked, the new S600 was N/A, wasn't it?
Frankly, though, that much power and a slushbox scares me. :p Maneuvering automatics in tight spaces is REALLY hard!
Engine Intercooled twin-turbocharged 5,513-cc SOHC 36-valve 60° V-12. Two-piece high-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy heads and pistons. Die-cast magnesium cylinder head covers.

Net power 493 hp @ 5,000 rpm

Net torque 590 lb-ft @ 1,800-3,500 rpm
Yea, automatics suck...

#19 ·
presario said:
I'm not getting a new car anytime soon but I'm really starting to love the new CLK more and more. Does this look hot to anyone? WOW!
The CLK500 is a very nice car. I drove it and loved it. In the beginning it looked a little girlish, but once u step on the v8 u realized that this is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Very luxurious and classy.

The M3 on the other hand is a sports car.

Given the US speed limits and roads, I pick clk500 anyday over M3. That's just me cuz i drove them both extensively and owned too many e46s already. Perhaps time for a change.

LIL Raja

#20 ·
I would hve to say M3 no question, I would rather have my 330Ci over any of the new CLKs. I think the new CLK is a terrible round girly car, the old CLK was a nice looking car but I can't get into the new CLKs looks one bit. I saw one on the road and on the street and I thought that the car looked terrible, also there is no manual gearbox so that end the debate right there for me. :thumbdwn:

#21 ·
tpzblu330ci said:
I would hve to say M3 no question, I would rather have my 330Ci over any of the new CLKs. I think the new CLK is a terrible round girly car, the old CLK was a nice looking car but I can't get into the new CLKs looks one bit. I saw one on the road and on the street and I thought that the car looked terrible, also there is no manual gearbox so that end the debate right there for me. :thumbdwn:
i don't see how you guys can think the CLK500 looks girly. i saw one heading towards me and immediately i thought it was a CL55 AMG until i finally realized it was alittle smaller. but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

#22 ·
StreetTrixE4six said:

i don't see how you guys can think the CLK500 looks girly. i saw one heading towards me and immediately i thought it was a CL55 AMG until i finally realized it was alittle smaller. but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.
Well the front fascia isn't that bad but I just thing from the doors on back the car looks too round and bubbly for me. The rear is just terrible IMHO. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.