E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M54B30 Turbo E85 Build

136K views 164 replies 40 participants last post by  Grubb 
#1 ·
Well i've been harvesting parts the last 3 months as i knew something was very wrong with my M52B25 , turned out to be a couple of broken pistons..

Anyway so here's my build ;

Planned Setup :

E85
Custom Forged Wiseco Pistons
Stock head for now
MN H-profile Conrods
Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
SPA Turbo Manifold
Precision 6265 turbo
NUKE Fuelrail/FPR
??? Fuelpump

(most likely have forgotten something, but it's all in the pics)

All will be controlled by 400+feet of wiring(my brain hurts from doing that) and a Link G4 Extreme

Anyways onto the harvested parts;

MN IC

Cheap Ebay turbo (as i cant buy the Precision until i get my S/C sold)

Tial Wastegate

Knock-off SSQBOV

V.A.G Igniter+Coil

Vacuum + FPR

Pistons

MN Rods

Crank(yup it's brand new, didn't want to take any chances on a used one)

Anyway progress is pretty slow atm as i need to have the pistons adjusted for the conrods (they have about 0.5mm of interference:() and i need to take the head apart and redo all the gaskets aswell as have it checked and maby decked(dunno if that's the right word for it?)

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Lol :)

The turbo is mainly so that i have something to wear in the pistons/build an exhaust by , as i said it will be replaced once the S/C is sold (i'm out a tad more than a hpf stage 1 so far)

Oh yeah and E85 is $7,50 / gallon over here compared to $11 /gallon for regular, give that e85 burns cleaner(we have REALLY strict emissions laws here) and it has a higher octane rating... well there really isn't any option :p

#10 ·
8.2:1

fair enough, should be a good thing to get a baseline tune down for too.. e85 sounds like the clear choice for you, I figured Sweden's emission laws would be super strict. What are your turbo plans for the future? Are you sticking with that injector size for sure?
Im not sure about the injector size, the need for more power will always be there i guess :p

Though having spent so much money on this my next purchase will be an 118d so i can use that as a DD lol

#14 ·
To give you an small update :

Block has been re-honed , drilling turbo oil return tomorrow aswell as gapping rings tomorrow if i can find a dial.
Pistons are being modefied as we speak and the head has been stripped clean and is being resurfaced tomorrow and ready for pickup next week.
Flywheel coming from a used S54 from canada within a few weeks
Clutch should be here next week from HPF.

Gotta clean the engine bay though... everything is covered in oil :(

#20 · (Edited)
Got some work done today.
Got the crankshaft mounted in the block & tested the M50 main-studs.. turns out they don't fit :(
Also bought a 13mm drill + a 25mm "shaver" so i can tap an oil-return tomorrow.
HPF clutch should be here tomorrow and my AN4 oilfeed for the turbo is at the postoffice.

Didn't bring my camera but my buddy took some phone-pics:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.