E46 Fanatics Forum banner

business cd help with aux and other. thanks!!!!

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  angstadt530 
#1 ·
i want to put an aux cable in my business cd. i looked and i have the empty slot in the back for the aux. i want to know if i will be able to use the aux cable sold at eas to be able to use my ipod. here is what my radio says:

when i hold the m button to get to the menu:
SN: 20453869
SV 13-02-41
on the radio itself:
DAT 31 05 2002
PN 65. 12-6 919 072
S/NO. AL 4603 2 04 53869
MADE IN JAPAN
02 APRIL IW

Im not sure if i have the cd change option, in my trunk all it says is prewired for cd player, cell and security.

i have looked on past posts and most people say the radio must be after 09 2002 and mine is 05 2002 but there are also people that say it works regardless of when it is made as long as it has the aux in the back. any help would be great just dont want to spend 40 bucks on something if it will not work for sure. if there is another way other then the dice or fm to hook up ipod info would be apreciated.

also had questions on what fallowing things were for when you hold the m button on the radion:

RI set to 00 but i cant change it. anyone know what its for
GAL set on 3 and can be change?? what is this for?
DSP 0 V 09 cant change what does it mean?
there are a bunch of squares that pop up and can change that from circles to squares to all blank. but i dont see any difference after its saved? what does this do
AF - what does that do

thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as you are prewired for a cd changer in you trunk you can use our Aux. Input Kit, here's a direct link;
BSW Auxiliary Input Kit

It is essentially a CD changer emulator and will work with any e46 bmw, it also comes with all the cables you need to connect to your ipod or any other mp3 player.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

#3 ·
You're not compatible for BMW AUX, but you can either use the kit BSW linked or simply spend a tiny bit more and get the DICE iPod kit which has integrated AUX.

GAL is speed-sensitive volume adjustment. The squares are a pixel test. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.