E46 Fanatics Forum banner

shaking while braking

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TrippinBimmer 
#1 ·
hey guys, my brother has a 2001 330 5spd. when you hit the brakes around 30+ the wheels start to shake left to right and then it pulls to the right. he recently had his brakes done about a month ago, but i suggested it was a warped rotor. he replaced his F-CAB's yesterday and the car still shakes violently when breaking. any help would be appreciated as this is his daily driver.

#4 ·
the car has 130,xxx miles on the suspension without any replacements as far as i know. im gona say the shop that replaced the F-CAB's would have the car on a lift and a they would have stated if a strut was blown since it would be easily visible. the problem began after he had the brakes done. soon after there was a bad rain storm which leads me to believe he hit a puddle which warped the rotors.

#6 ·
Make sure he dont have Sticky Caliper that will cause warp rotors...

-TrippinBimmer

#7 ·
I had a sticky caliper that did this. It was my front left one and when i braked it wobbled like crazy and pull to the left. The front left wheel was unusually hotter than the other three wheels on the car after hard driving and braking when touched. It could be anything so take your time to diagnose the problem and get it fixed.

#9 ·
Sticky Caliper is when ur Caliper will not move to neutral point of state. So the Pads will not come into contact. It is recommend that u rebuild or replace with a Reman Caliper.

-TrippinBimmer

BTW: The Pads and Rotor are toasted. Will need to get them Turned or Replace with new Parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.