10K views 92 replies 40 participants last post by  EJL486 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious what everybody is getting as a top speed? Ill start

Car: 01 325ci
Mods: CAI, Chip
Wheels: 235 35 R18
Aerodynamics: M3 lip, lowered 1.5 in
Speed: 153 mph

Surprisingly the lip really works for aerodynamics. I felt a bit more grip with it. I had stock diff and trans and motor. All stock gearing. 3.46 i believe? Correct me if im wrong

#10 ·
Same, while the car was still pulling my brother found it to fast and said enough. Stock setup on German Autobahn to Berlin, 100% legal :D.

#18 ·
And this thread should be locked. This promotes reckless behavior.

So word of advice to all the 16-year-olds who are now thinking about finding out their top speed: Don't.

This thread isn't asking the fastest you have gone, it's asking how fast your car can do flat out, which is really really dumb.

#13 ·
yup, 226 km/h and still power left :D in 2 weeks I have to go to Germany again.....:excited: To visit ZF in Dortmund.

Again, all 100% legal, no need to close thread :)

#16 ·
US highways are not the same as the super highways in Europe. They are not built for the speeds approaching 100 mph. Curves are not designed for that, on ramps are not, off ramps are not, major bumps in roads, road signs placement. ability to see far enough down the road is limited and unsafe at 100 mph, and perhaps one of the most important is the distance you need to stop a vehicle for any of the above conditions, including a car that enter the highway at 30 MPH (because the ramps are not designed for much more than that). Highways in the US are just not designed for that speed and anyone who is doing that is putting my car and my safety in danger. Want to do it on private property--that is okay. Want to wreck your car--that is okay. BUT do not involve someone else.
I know someone who drove an M and thought the same as the person who did this posting. His car was found shortly after he hit a tree --the engine was located about 50 yards down the road. His remains stayed with the car. Unfortunately it took that to show how wrong he was.
PS--I have driven over 100mph on European super highways and was one of the slower cars. But as I said, major difference in road design and training, experience, and awareness of drivers around you.

#17 ·
105mph but then I was running out of track :( so I had to let off. '99 328i stock (except for a muffler delete) with 20" wheels I'm dieing to get rid of lol (came with car and not my style)

#19 ·
Montana had no speed limits on interstates until 2001. Interesting article here on how their fatality and accident rates INCREASED after setting the speed limit at 75.

http://www.motorists.org/press/montana-no-speed-limit-safety-paradox

Excerpt from the article:

Here is what the Montana data shows. (chart below) After all the politically correct safety programs were in place and fully operational, complete with federal safety funds, more laws and citations being issued. Here are the results.

1. After the new Speed Limits were established, interstates fatal accidents went up 111%. From a modern low of 27 with no daytime limits, to a new high of 56 fatal accidents with speed limits.

2. On interstates and federal primary highways combined, Montana went from a modern low of 101 with no daytime limits, to a new high of 143 fatal accidents with speed limits.

3. After a 6 year downward trend in the percentage of multiple vehicle accidents on its 2 lane primary highways, multiple vehicle accident rates increased again.

4. With the expectation of higher speed when there was no daytime limit, Montana’s seat belt usage was well above the national average on its highways without a primary law, lane and road courtesy increased, speeds remained relatively stable and fatal accidents dropped to a modern low. After the new limits, fatal accidents climbed to a modern high on these classifications of highway, road courtesy decreased and flow conflict accidents rose again

#20 · (Edited)
Haters gonna hate. You all crack me up sometimes. So effin what - the guy wants to know how fast you've gone in your car. You telling me that there aren't stretches of public roads where you can open up your car and approach 140 mph safely? Hell yeah there are. Limited access highways with no traffic, why not. Its your life and your car at that point. And saying that some 16 year old is going to log onto an internet site and be persuaded to go out and kill himself in his car seeing how fast it will go is just stupid. I guess Ozzy is responsible for those suicides in the 80's too, right?

There are much worse influences and websites that a 16 year old could be getting him/her self into. I'd be happy if the worst my 15 year old daughter or 12 year old son did was log onto this site and want to drive their car fast. And don't tell me that none of you haven't done this, and done it way before stupid internet sites suggested it.

Come on fellas, be real for God's sake. Geesh! Sometimes I think some of you are the Church Ladies from SNL. Let it go, despite what you may think, it's NOT hip to be square. Roll up your sleeves, put down the Roundel Magazine and go out and have some fun already. Today could be your last.

#21 · (Edited)
Cool, go let your kids figure out how fast their cars can go flat out. And when a tire blows or an animal runs into the road, let's see how well they can handle themselves at 140mph. Because as long as it's an open stretch of road absolutely NOTHING bad can happen right? Is that your logic?

The stupidity of others is downright fascinating, but unfortunately depressing.

Do people do dumb ****? Hell yes. Does that mean it's okay to promote such behavior in a public forum? Hell no.

#22 · (Edited)
No bs I've done 135 only cause my car was limited. At the end of the day shit gonna happen regardless of your speed. People die that what happens in life. U live and u die. Ive have manny friends die on the road from cars to bike to cursing getting hit by tractor trailers doing 65 mph. So please stop with the over exaggerated BS about how 100mph is fast and u will auto mantically die or something. Kid will be kids think cause you post here not to speed or tell a horrific crash story kids will stop neg. I say u want. If u want to top you car out be smart do it on a stretch of highway u know with barricades on both sides and no cops first off make sure its late and no one on the road when u go for it. Last be safe know when u reach ur limit. That the problem with people in this country instead of teaching these kids when why an how we want to expect them not to be kids. it wont work kids need guidance not a cop telling them what bthey can or cant do cause they gonna do it regardless.

Ps i read all the post so far didn't seem that no one was promoting speeding

#23 · (Edited)
No bs I've done 135 only cause my car was limited. At the end of the day **** gonna happen regardless of your speed. People die that what happens in life. U live and u die. Ive have manny friends die on the road from cars to bike to cursing getting hit by tractor trailers doing 65 mph. So please stop with the over exaggerated BS about how 100mph is fast and u will auto mantically die or something. Kid will be kids think cause you post here not to speed or tell a horrific crash story kids will stop neg. I say u want. If u want to top you car out be smart do it on a stretch of highway u know with barricades on both sides and no cops first off make sure its late and no one on the road when u go for it. Last be safe know when u reach ur limit. That the problem with people in this country instead of teaching these kids when why an how we want to expect them not to be kids. it wont work kids need guidance not a cop telling them what bthey can or cant do cause they gonna do it regardless.
Holy mother of baby Jesus, was that English? And people are supposed to take your advice?

But I'm done with this subject. Telling an idiot not to do something idiotic is futile at best.

#26 · (Edited)
No! Im not five dude I'm some one that is true to what really happens on the road and in this world. Not some clown on a forum that thinks a post is promoting speeding or dangerous activity for our youth. Like they say kids will be kids.. As u can clearly tell by your ignorance some wont grow up

#27 ·
If I was rollin in a slammed JDM accord on stretched tires, I'd agree that those speeds are very dangerous. however, our cars are built for those speeds and are beautifully just as smooth at 80 as they are at 120. as for safety at those speeds, well there are plenty of ways to maximize safety and while 130mph could be unsafe to some, 60 mph can kill you just as easily. all I'm saying is chill out, you dont know every circumstance of every user on this site. if this were a thread started by people topping their cars out on the autobahn, the reactions would be 1000x less visceral.

#29 ·
All Germans must be morons too I guess, have you ever been there? On the autobahn? I agree speeding is dangerous but the way it is ruled out in this threat is a bit pathetic at the least.

Btw, we don't have 16 year old kids driving cars here, much to dangerous! :D You can start learning how to drive a car at 18!

#31 ·
Wish it was like that here in the US its way to easy to get a license here. Also i ve asked my self this and now i ask u guys opinion. Why dont we test people at 65-70 years old again make sure they can see still and react in time.. There have been plenty of accident that are cause by old fokes and no one says shit or dose nothing about that we just want to blame it ALL on the youth.. Half these fuckers are handicap.

#32 ·
We have a law here for 70+ year old people to be re-examined every 5 year. About 3000 old people per year loose their license cause of this.

#34 ·
resistance is futile :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.