E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Hello from Eonon Car Audio :)

69K views 326 replies 108 participants last post by  allikanbe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, nice to see you, I'm Carlos from Eonon, we’re a NEW sponsor here! Really nice to meet you! Our main products are Car DVD, GPS and Car monitors, etc.I've seen many guys are talking about Eonon D5150 BMW GPS here and like it very much. Thanks a lot for your support! :thumbup:

Good news to tell you that, in order to give you members special benefits, we will arrange group buy with good discount soon! :clap: Please keep an eye on us, thanks! If you have any questions regarding Eonon, feel free to ask or PM me. I'm glad to help!
This Eonon D5150 Car DVD GPS are specific for your BMW E46! Welcome to visit!
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/BMW/D5150.html

Here is an installation pics from our fan:

See less See more
#221 ·
#226 ·
Hello I bought my d5150 about a month and a half ago . Is there anyway to trade up to the newer one ?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#229 ·
D5150

Carlos,

I purchased and installed your D5150 unit with appears to have the latest BMW Logo software. I have emailed you company several times now about two issues which remain to be properly addressed.

1. GPS has been non-functional. GPS data is being registered. However, I cannot get the Maps or other info to display on the screen. the provided USA GPS Micro Chip is also inserted into the radio at the GPS Slot. What am I missing?
2. I am experiencing erratic system noise from the unit...pops, clicks and crackling. Inputting commands, via the Touch Screen, also causes the unit to pop or crack. The noises are not dangerously loud but rather annoying. This happens regardless if the car is running or not.

Kindly advise me of your thoughts. For the record, I am in the Custom Audio Video Business and have 40+ years of experience with audio systems.

Moreover, I take issue with a few items:

The supplied antenna cable was incorrect and non-useable (newer model year cars apparently?)

The second issue has to do with the overall physical design of the unit. Space is exceedingly tight, especially with respect to the overall depth of the unit. To say that your unit is a Line to Line fit would be an understatement and the respective cables do create a fitment issue with the AC Duct work in the vehicle.

Lastly, your iPod right angled cable connection is rather poor as it came unplugged on two occasions during the re-installation process...not good!

Finally, the suggested installation time of 45 minutes to install this unit is overly optimistic....at least for most mortals!

Nonetheless, I am still waiting for someone from your organization to properly respond to my inquiries.

Best regards,

Mike Moran
Sound Plus Wood, Inc.
Boca Raton, FL
www.soundpluswood.com

#233 ·
Carlos,

I purchased and installed your D5150 unit with appears to have the latest BMW Logo software. I have emailed you company several times now about two issues which remain to be properly addressed.

1. GPS has been non-functional. GPS data is being registered. However, I cannot get the Maps or other info to display on the screen. the provided USA GPS Micro Chip is also inserted into the radio at the GPS Slot. What am I missing?
2. I am experiencing erratic system noise from the unit...pops, clicks and crackling. Inputting commands, via the Touch Screen, also causes the unit to pop or crack. The noises are not dangerously loud but rather annoying. This happens regardless if the car is running or not.

Kindly advise me of your thoughts. For the record, I am in the Custom Audio Video Business and have 40+ years of experience with audio systems.

Moreover, I take issue with a few items:

The supplied antenna cable was incorrect and non-useable (newer model year cars apparently?)

The second issue has to do with the overall physical design of the unit. Space is exceedingly tight, especially with respect to the overall depth of the unit. To say that your unit is a Line to Line fit would be an understatement and the respective cables do create a fitment issue with the AC Duct work in the vehicle.

Lastly, your iPod right angled cable connection is rather poor as it came unplugged on two occasions during the re-installation process...not good!

Finally, the suggested installation time of 45 minutes to install this unit is overly optimistic....at least for most mortals!

Nonetheless, I am still waiting for someone from your organization to properly respond to my inquiries.

Best regards,

Mike Moran
Sound Plus Wood, Inc.
Boca Raton, FL
www.soundpluswood.com
Hi Mike, we have received your Email, and will continue following your case very well, no worry, thanks!

Carlos I sent you two different pm's regarding my order. I haven't heard from you. Did you get them? Also is there an update to change the ui to the Bmw (gm5150 style)? Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread lately and can't remember where I left off at.
Hi Linx, already replied to your PM, pls check, thanks!

Carlos my D5150 is not working and discharging batt, how could I update firmware?
Hi Gustav_rd, you mean your battery will be lost after installing our unit? If so, pls check if your factory unit has this problem too. And tell me your Order No., and Email, thanks a lot!

Is there a user adjustable EQ? What are the preout voltages?
Hi armykyle1, there’s no user adjustable EQ, but it has these EQ options: POP, ROCK, CLASS, STANDARD
Preout voltage is 2.0Vrms±0.2V.

#240 ·
Hi petrushka, thanks for joining in! Yes now the group buy of D515- & GM5150 is on the go. Welcome to join! See the GB thread here: forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=16103530
You can order it directly from the GB link here: ;)
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/Mazda/GM5151.html
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/Mazda/GM5150.html

Hi Carlos, my transaction number is 451117177023. Since I received this unit I have been having a lot of issues with it. Microphone faulty, radio reception terrible, gps does not work properly. My question Carlos is: Since I paid and Eonon has my payment already; I don't have a protection as a customer. I have been spending more time claiming my rights than getting a proper support.

Thanks and have a good day.
Hi Gustav_rd, I can’t find your purchase record according to the transaction number. Please kindly PM me with your Email, order No. Or serail No. Of the unit, I’ll help you further, thanks!

Hi Carlos

Model: D5124F

I ordered this unit which was delivered yesterday 11 Apr 2014. It was installed today 12 Apr 2014.

There are 2 major issues which needs to be resolved immediately.

1. Steering wheel control functions are NOT working but the CANBUS box is attached and blinking

In order to test, I plugged in the old Dynavin unit that I am replacing with this EONON unit and the steering buttons are working fine

I have rechecked all the connections and even removed and plugged it all again with no differnece. All wires are in good condition too and see no loose connections.

Looks like other have similar issues
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760955

2. The Remote control provided is NOT working either. Battery was installed correctly. I tried a different battery too.

Can you please give me a solution ASAP? If not, I like to ask for a return/refund.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you
Hi fgin, no worry I’ll try my best to help. Please kindly tell me your Email, order No. Or serial No. Of the unit, I’ll help you to check, thanks a lot!

Hi Carlos, I have your D5150, I'm 80% happy with it. Got a question or two that need answering though, is there a update to stop the unit going direct to Bluetooth when I start up, I want the phone to connect, but want the unit to start on radio every time.
Also, is there a on/off button for the radio, meaning if I want to use the sat nav without the radio playing is there anyway to turn off the radio?
Thanks
Hi Darren, I’ll PM you answers for these 2 questions after consulting our tech. Thanks!

Is there a list of supported files?
Hi turbotalon1g, the DVD Compatible Format are: AVI/DVD/DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW/VCD/MP3/CD/CD-RW/JPEG
USB/SD Compatible Video Formats are MP4/DIVX6.0/XVID/ AVI/ 3GP.

#235 ·
Hi Carlos, my transaction number is 451117177023. Since I received this unit I have been having a lot of issues with it. Microphone faulty, radio reception terrible, gps does not work properly. My question Carlos is: Since I paid and Eonon has my payment already; I don't have a protection as a customer. I have been spending more time claiming my rights than getting a proper support.

Thanks and have a good day.

#236 · (Edited)
Hi Carlos

Model: D5124F

I ordered this unit which was delivered yesterday 11 Apr 2014. It was installed today 12 Apr 2014.

There are 2 major issues which needs to be resolved immediately.

1. Steering wheel control functions are NOT working but the CANBUS box is attached and blinking

http://youtu.be/Wikc6O9vwqk

In order to test, I plugged in the old Dynavin unit that I am replacing with this EONON unit and the steering buttons are working fine

I have rechecked all the connections and even removed and plugged it all again with no differnece. All wires are in good condition too and see no loose connections.

Looks like other have similar issues
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760955

2. The Remote control provided is NOT working either. Battery was installed correctly. I tried a different battery too.

Can you please give me a solution ASAP? If not, I like to ask for a return/refund.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

#238 ·
Hi Carlos, I have your D5150, I'm 80% happy with it. Got a question or two that need answering though, is there a update to stop the unit going direct to Bluetooth when I start up, I want the phone to connect, but want the unit to start on radio every time.
Also, is there a on/off button for the radio, meaning if I want to use the sat nav without the radio playing is there anyway to turn off the radio?
Thanks

#244 ·
HI

I am very interested in any fixes you manage to get on this. I too installed my d5124fe into my e39 and am having exactly the same problems.
Its very interesting that the unit comes delivered in a plain white box, with no details about how to get help, a manual that gives the wrong password number for pairing your bluetooth phone. The manual is a pamphlet which say get a professional to fit it!
btw the password for BT pairing is 0000.
I have managed to get all the functions working apart from the steering wheel controls and the remote control . very frustrating as its sold as a plug and play with all existing functionality remaining.

#251 ·
do any of these units control the Ventilation system for Non Navigation equipped cars. I saw in pictures where one of these units replaced the stock system with no navigation but it does not talk about how to control Ventilation/AC systems...
Looking at a picture would show that a/c controls are relocated under the unit for people who have done this and had non navigation before. You put the controls where the sunglass holder is above the ashtray....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BimmerApp mobile app
Hi bmwm3car & wallyworld, you can check our latest installation guide of D5150 here::thumbsup: (the installtion is the same as GM5150)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mdIO8ed_0

Hope it helps you guys to know how to mount our unit properly. ;)

#260 ·
Hi Carlos,
Wondering if you would know if your units are compatible with the e46 bmw harmon kardon factory upgrade?
Hi simes1982, your HK factory upgrade has fiber optics right? If so, our unit can’t be compatible with it, hope you can understand. But still welcome to buy! Our GM5150 has so many cool features including the screen mirroring. :thumbsup:You’ll like it as many others do!

Our group buy is on the go, just check here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1037463
You can order directly from our GB link here to save a lot: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/BMW/GM5150T.html
Thanks!

I had same issue. I just trimmed the antenna jack back about 1/4 inch. That allowed for the bend & the unit was able to fit all the way into dash.
As always, make smooth, clean cut on antenna. My 5150 looks factory now.
Good luck.

Razz617- That's what I was thinking of doing, but wasn't sure if there was a different antenna adapter available. Thanks for letting me know what you did and that this wasn't just my issue (I tried fitting in my car and my girlfriends 325xi and both had the same interference). Maybe Eonon should address this and provide a different antenna adapter?
The metro adapter didn't interfere

Hi Razz617, you can refer to both Razz617’s advice to trim the antenna, or you can buy a metro adapter as northwestsupra mentioned. We don’t provide a different antenna adapter, hope you can understand, thanks! :)

#256 ·
Hi Carlos,

I'm having issues with installing the 5150 in my '02 325i. The antenna adapter is butting up against the hvac ducting in the back. If I take the antenna adapter out and install, everything is great. When the antenna adapter is in place, I have approximately 1/4" interference. It seems like I really need an adapter that has a 90 degree bend to get the clearance. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

#258 ·
Razz617- That's what I was thinking of doing, but wasn't sure if there was a different antenna adapter available. Thanks for letting me know what you did and that this wasn't just my issue (I tried fitting in my car and my girlfriends 325xi and both had the same interference). Maybe Eonon should address this and provide a different antenna adapter?

#261 ·
I am having issues with the radio reception. I could not use the delivered cable as it would not allow proper seating of the unit in my car (2001 330Ci Convertible). So I purchased the Metra cable that other posts have raved about. Well, my reception is poor (to say the least) and I am getting radio noise on the AM Band. What can I do to fix this problem. I would hate to have to return this unit for refund based upon what I see as hopefully an easy fix.

Please advise on what I can do.

Thanks.

#267 ·
I am having issues with the radio reception. I could not use the delivered cable as it would not allow proper seating of the unit in my car (2001 330Ci Convertible). So I purchased the Metra cable that other posts have raved about. Well, my reception is poor (to say the least) and I am getting radio noise on the AM Band. What can I do to fix this problem. I would hate to have to return this unit for refund based upon what I see as hopefully an easy fix.
I experimented with three different radio antenna adapters to address the radio reception issue. The one that comes from Eonon works best without the Blue wire connected.

The adapter I had previously used with my D5150 was slightly better, the 40-EU10.

The one I found that works the best and eliminated most of static and weak reception is 40-EU55, hook up the Blue wire. It's for 2002 and up BMW's with powered antennas and newer Facra style antennas and is approx $13.

Adapter is a Metra 40-EU55[/SIZE]
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU55-Antenna-Adapter-European/dp/B0007WW64Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390107623&sr=8-1&keywords=Metra+40-EU55

#262 ·

Please advise on what I can do.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.