E46 Fanatics Forum banner

After Bimmerfest - 3 BMWs vs. 1 Porsche

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nate328Ci 
#1 ·
First:

I don't normally condone racing on a public highway with traffic. My bad today for being reckless. I usually save it for the autocross, but I guess Bimmerfest put me in an aggressive mood. I went close to 120MPH several times during our road rally and should've controlled myself later.

OK, that being said, after the event, I'm driving aggressively as traffic allows and a violet e36 M3 is following me and another BMW is behind him. There is moderate traffic on the way back, so I figure I'll be nice and pave the way for us. I noticed during the drive a CHP was watching at one point and another car had been pulled over. Regardless, at some point I find a gap that I want to take advantage of. We're going uphill and I pass a silver 330 Convertible. I'm passing in tight spaces and make some headway, when I'm forced to slow down. Sure enough, the silver 330 comes passing by, followed by the M3. OK, I get out of my little jam and punch it. A mid-90's Porsche Carrera (I think) decides to play and comes zooming in. So now the Convertible, the M3 and myself are going downhill fast now with a Porsche in the mix. I go to the left only to be trapped by a couple of SUVs. I watch in disappointment as the other 3 go to the right instead and take off. Damn! :mad:

However, not long after, a Highway Patrol car zooms by even faster. He's hauling ass, puts on his lights and goes to the right shoulder to bypass traffic. I figure he must want one of those 3 bad, so the trap I fell into actually saved me. I finally get out of my situation and am cruising along when I see that he managed to pull over the Porsche. Ha! So, I see the convertible and they are waving at me. I pull next to them and they ask me if I saw what happened. I said yea, give them the thumbs up and we're all laughing. Next, I move along the M3 and look at the driver. We both nod and laugh. It was funny. I guess the officer decided if he's going to nail someone, might as well be the Porsche. ;)

Final note: after that, typical LA traffic. Too much risk today, so I drove home safely :eeps:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.