#1 · (Edited)
I have started to build my custom turbo setup:

Turbine: Turbonetics GT-K 650 0.68 A/R
Intercooler: Godspeed 30x4x12 I/O 3"
WG: Synapse Synchronic V-Band 50mm
BOV: Synapse Synchronic 50mm
Injectors: HPF 750cc
ECU: AEM v1 with HPF harness, bought from yelowssm
Custom exhaust manifold and intercooler piping (In 3" and 4" out)
Custom 4" downpipe and midpipe
Stock air box, should hold to 0.5-0.6 Bar

I'm waiting for the parts from HPF (injectors + ECU) to arrive and the car will go to the shop for the custom parts.

I hope at the end of March, beginning of April the car to be running the streets :excited:

Car was running 12.9 on 1/4mile, my target is low 12' or high 11' with FI.

Attachments

See less See more
#80 ·
I belive you are talking about the twin scrool setup, when you are talking about exhaust parts there is no inlet as inlet is specific to air induction.It's not a good idea to put twin-scrool turbocharger on a normal T4 flange as you will create a lot of backpressure in the manifold because of the middle split of the turbine housing. Bafta!

#88 ·
What zbarca said.

On the divided issue, I wouldn't run a divided housing with open flange or vise versa for performance reasons. It can be done, and I have seen it executed that way but it was in a situation where the person was working with the parts they had.

I have never seen that type of data recorded, doesn't make much sense to run it this way in the first place. Maybe manifoldmike will have the said data?

Being you already have a custom manifold setup reworking it into a divided version is probably your best option, also giving you a dual gate outlet for better boost control :4ngie:

#89 · (Edited)
I was referring to a divided turbine with a divided manifold. Doesn't make much sense to run a divided housing on an open manifold because you're not benefiting from pulse division from the manifold. if you have a turbo already with a divided housing, you can either port the division in the middle to a fine point or just buy another housing (depending on the turbo, usually ~$350). Divided housing performance is common knowledge. you guys need some data? why don't you search the interweb like the rest of us. I'll try to see if i can scrounge some stuff up, but i assure you, my "data" won't be a engineering talking point or an end all to the argument.

Little info:
http://www.full-race.com/modified-twinscroll/
http://www.turbodriven.com/en/turbofacts/designTurbine.aspx
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/PDF/Turbo Tech 102.pdf
http://www.full-race.com/articles/efrturbotechbrief.pdf

#91 ·
LOOOL!I guess you have to read again what I have posted: a divided turbine housing on an undivided manifold will create backpressure because of the divided turbine housing flat split. Read with care before posting bro;) This was a missunderstanding I suppose and we all agree on one fact: Don't use divided turbine housing on undivided manifold.

#92 · (Edited)
sort of. I would like to see some data on backpressure differences between a divided housing and a single scroll housing on an an open manifold with both turbine housings being the same A/R..... I don't think it will make much difference. Like the little difference it would make between going for a small turbine housing to a larger housing. My point was that the performance is in the turbine wheel, not the housing. If the guy has a GT42 in grasp for a good price, run it. the turbine housing, divided or not shouldn't make much difference.

#97 · (Edited)
Giving my arguments, if not for backpressure, for what was my EGT dangerous high with the divided and cool with the undivided housing?:)
so what if your pressure change fro 3:1 to 2:1 with the housing change? you see the difference in egt, but your back pressure is still ridiculous. I used an extreme case here, but you get the drift.

you can tame EGT regardless of pressure with fuel and timing.

EGT is not backpressure... sort of, they are related i will agree with you on that.

#98 · (Edited)
Mike, I am an engineer, you don't have to tell me that EGT can be dropped by timing retard and fuel enrichment, I already know that but is much easier to find out the problem instead of walking around it. As I said, EGT got stable after I changed the divided housing with an undivided one on an undivided manifold. Backpressure is not EGT but can affect EGT as in my case.

So, for my fellow countryman Cipri, get a different turbine housing for the turbocharger. This is the clean and slick way to do modifications at this level on the S54. If you want to play as all our romanians do, go ahead, but it's not good.

#101 · (Edited)
Yes, it is 5 mm material. In the future it will take more than 0,6 bar ;)

I'm preparing for next year championship, what do you guys think:
- about the K Sport Drag Race Coilovers
- maximum 17" Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radials I can fit in the back?
- are there any front drag rims which can fit current brakes?

Thanks

#102 ·
Yes, it is 5 mm material. In the future it will take more than 0,6 bar ;)

I'm preparing for next year championship, what do you guys think:
- about the K Sport Drag Race Coilovers
- maximum 17" Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radials I can fit in the back?
- are there any front drag rims which can fit current brakes?

Thanks
Ksport dragrace coils are what im running and i couldnt be happier :)

#107 · (Edited)
The other option for a front runner is a X5 spare as well which is a 17". Which would be easier for you to get. Or even a E90 M3 spare for guys with BBK front which is an 18" space saver.

#117 ·
I'm not tuning the car, there is a local tuner who is doing it, I will ask him about the file.

The AC was removed, there is not enough space to keep it in the same place when you go top mount.

Didn't fix the vanos because it's winter here and I don't drive the car. Next month I will start the engine build and will change the vanos unit as well.

#119 · (Edited)
New setup this year:
Precision 7675 dual ball bearing
Pauter rods
Je pistons, 9.5:1 with 87mm bore
L19 head studs & ARP main studs
Total engine rebuild (block, head, seals...)
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump + controller with custom surge tank and fuel lines
1100 Siemens Injectors
ClutchMasters FX850
4" custom exhaust, with dual exit (like stock)
15" rear wheels with Hoosier quick time pro dot 26x11.50-15
Custom subframe reinforcement

Target is 850HP with pump fuel :evil:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.