E46 Fanatics Forum banner

control arm bushing question

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  WDE46 
#1 ·
Im replacing the control arm bushings on my 330xi. I took he new bushings to a machine shop to get pressed into the old brackets. According to the machine shop, the new bushings are too large by 0.035. The old bushings measure 2.370 and the new ones measure 2.405. The bracket hole is 2.360. The part numbers are correct for the bushings for the 330xi. Has anyone ever run into this ? Please advise.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

#3 ·
With rare exception, everyone here gets their bushings in the lollipop already. Your bushings are the wrong size, no doubt.

Also, you're assuming that the bushings you had were OE, and they may not be. I'm assuming you got the car used with some number of miles on them. CABs get replaced pretty often...and there are a number of AM suppliers.

Lemforder is OEM but Meyle HDs are also quite popular...that's what I have now and they feel fine.

hth

#4 · (Edited)
Pressing the bushings into the lollipop is a pain. Most people get the ones that are pressed in like dmax said. Since you have the old bushing out you might want to consider polyurethane bushings. They do not need to be pressed in. They will of course give you a harsher ride and may squeak and require periodic lubrication although I haven't had any problems with mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.