Brakes Quick Reference Thread

Tags
brakes
59K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  NoobOfAllNoobs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
#5 ·
325xi 27k miles brake pad warning light came on

My girlfriend has a 2005 325XI and last weekend her brake pad warning light came on. She, although not a great driver, does not drive hard and has never put the car on a track. This seemed early to need pad replacement. Does anyone have insight if this is normal at this mileage level or year?

#10 ·
Brake upgrade on 325i

I asked this question a few years ago, found one person a racer who sent photos that showed shaving M3 brake brackets to fit the spindles on a std 325I . So I purchased a complete set of M3 brakes, I am sure it is very possible. Something about milling off 4 to 7 mm and just bolting them on. Big drilled rotors the size of dinner plates make a statement.

#12 ·
Hello! I own a 330xi, long story short, I got dumped by my bf about two weeks ago and usually didn't hVe to worry about buying car parts and such... I need to learn more about this car so I can figure out what parts to buy for it, and figure out when things are going wrong.. I need to replace my back brake pads, but I read that I should do the pads and rotors at the same time, I should probably just replace the front ones as well, being dumped was not expected and I'm on a budget till I get back on my feet, (sorry I'll try to spare details) what kinda brakes should I get that isn't going to break my bank and that are not too cheap?! I do have friends that work on cars so I don't need to worry about the labor part.. Any recommendations are extremely appreciated !! Thanks a lot :) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Lamborghini aventador

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.