E46 Fanatics Forum banner

need help.......I HATE POTHOLES

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  BAVARIAN323i 
#1 ·
im wondering about how i go about this

i was driving back to boston last nite...going over GWB...then on 95 north...friggin hit this huge pot hole...bent 2 of my rims on the same side...deflated the tires immediately.....it was driveble for a lil...but once it starting swerving i stopped at the nearest gas station i could find...called bmw....then had the car towed.

so who do i contact for this...im stuck with getting 2 new rims now for my car.......SUCKS...

#2 ·
contact your local bmw dealer if the rims are not repairable and have them order new rims. :|

nothing you can do about potholes other than to avoid them..

#3 ·
This was posted in the bmw330ci.com forum

Problem:

Bought Blizzaks and 16" Italia AT wheels from Tire Rack (their recommended 330ci winter package) to the tune of 1100 bucks, mounted them a week or so ago. Son take car the other night to pick up girlfriend for the Big Winter Dance and on the way to her house, hits a good sized pothole with right side wheels.

Solution:

Same thing happened to me a couple of winters back--bent rim which required a new replacement. To recoup some of the cost, I figured out what jurisdiction was responsible for the upkeep of the road( state vs. city). I then filed a claim for the cost of the new wheel, alignment and associated mechanics fees, to the state and documented everything(sent photos of the bent wheel and the pothole in the road that caused the damage). It several months, but I did receive every penny of what I asked for--check it out, your locality might have the same kind of policy.

Good Luck:thumbup:

#4 ·
blk02330ci said:

Same thing happened to me a couple of winters back--bent rim which required a new replacement. To recoup some of the cost, I figured out what jurisdiction was responsible for the upkeep of the road( state vs. city). I then filed a claim for the cost of the new wheel, alignment and associated mechanics fees, to the state and documented everything(sent photos of the bent wheel and the pothole in the road that caused the damage). It several months, but I did receive every penny of what I asked for--check it out, your locality might have the same kind of policy.

Good Luck:thumbup:
You cant do this in Boston, trust me

#13 ·
JRC330IS said:
State of MA assumes no responsibility for damage to your vehicles due to potholes on a state highway. However if it was not a state road and was a town road you may have a shot going after the town DPW.

Good luck....
Typical...

Im sorry to hear that man, thats my biggest nightmare. I have seen so many HUGE potholes form this winter around my area, and its going to be bad in the summer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.