E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#19,001 ·
Also pilot super sports. About a 2 years old / 20k miles. Fronts wore very little in that time
define very little?

also, I've changed a lot of tires that had a lot of tread left, but were junk when you drove them (either noise, shakes, crap rain grip or a few other issues), I would think you'd be ok with decent tread and only 2 years old though.

#19,002 · (Edited)
define very little?

also, I've changed a lot of tires that had a lot of tread left, but were junk when you drove them (either noise, shakes, crap rain grip or a few other issues), I would think you'd be ok with decent tread and only 2 years old though.
Last I checked both fronts had ~7/32 left. I haven't really felt any problems either, but it feels like the front is giving out slightly. I really hope the tires aren't already degraded -- these are pretty expensive tire; I paid extra to avoid such issues

I guess having new rears upset the balance a tad; I'll see if maybe I could adjust my tire pressures and shocks to compensate

#19,003 ·
* What did you do to/for your E46 today? *

640 miles in about 9 hours.
Not a hick up.
First time saw 30 mpg.
And average speed of 73.5 mph.

But got to agree Denver to Kansas City, one of the most boring drive.

Have to drive back on Sunday and I am confident with my 160k machine.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#19,004 ·
You should paint that.
I was thinking about it, but I've not had enough carbon goodness yet. Will probably get bored of it eventually, but on a black car I think it's fine unpainted.

I like the trunk! Which brand is that?

vis

So, I guess it was worth the ride? He is 4 1/2 - 5 hrs away from me and I couldn't justifg 10 hrs driving for a trunk lid
He drove out a bit to meet me. I left Philly right before 4, got there around 7, was back home by 10:30...it was a fun drive and I do like it. Just need to drill some holes for the license plate bracket because I don't really trust the velcro and I'm gonna have to cut a hole for the harness as well, now it's just hanging :facepalm:
either that or I might just drill two small holes and ziptie it.

#19,006 ·
Fixed up the rear boot/trunk handle. The handle became loose on one side due to the plastic breaking off around where the torx screw goes in. Upon removing, found two other torx screw holes also broken, so it would have been sooner rather than later that this handle would have completely broken off! All fixed now, solid as a rock!

#19,010 ·

oil change, ecs 10mm spacers up front, adjusted coils a bit, rear pads and wear sensor. hopefully the 3k hid fog setup and yellow lamin-x I ordered will be in today so I can get that done. and it's not even noon!?

#19,013 ·
Re: * What did you do to/for your E46 today? *

oil change, ecs 10mm spacers up front, adjusted coils a bit, rear pads and wear sensor. hopefully the 3k hid fog setup and yellow lamin-x I ordered will be in today so I can get that done. and it's not even noon!?

I guess you got the pads I sent you on Friday ? :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using BimmerApp mobile app

#19,020 ·

Working on tracking a small oil drip/leak. What is this black plastic piece, part of VANOS? The one above and in line with coolant hose is dripping onto the hose. Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car