E46 Fanatics Forum banner

04' 330Ci - Service Engine Soon light...

12K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NumbaOneNewb 
#1 ·
Hey guys - I recently had my car tuned-up/oil changed and hoped this would turn off the "service engine soon" light, but no... The guys who serviced my car I've trusted for a long time and do a great job... they said in order for the light to be turned off I'll have to replace an "oil sensor" or something similar... maybe they're right, maybe, but is there any way to reset this!?!?!? ... I'd really appreciate your help!!!!!! :bow:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#7 ·
I think I already gave you the link with plenty of scan tool options and suggestions.

Not sure I would go cheap just for the sake of cheap as you WILL need a tool if you plan on keeping your car.

It will pay for itself MANY times over.

If you do not have the money for a scan tool, sell your car now, as you will not have the money to maintain it.

#8 ·
buy a BMW scanner 1.4 pa soft. lots of info on it. its a have must if you own this car and plan on owning this car. if you know how to use a computer, you can use it. stop telling yourself you can't do something and just do it. this car will force you to do things you've never even thought you could ever do. i went from not knowing how to do an oil change 2 years ago to now modding and doing software and electrical work on other e46s. if my geeky a$$ can do it, so can you. that or enter door number 2, which includes a lot of butt ramming. in order for us to help you we need to know what the SES light is trying to say. only one way to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.