E46 Fanatics Forum banner

The new guy with the xi

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  iKingTrust 
#1 ·
Im still new to this world on BMW. What are some good basic mods I should do to my white Xi?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Wrap or paint the black exterior trim to match the body color. Get rid of the wood trim. Window tint.

Oh, and :hi:

::edit::
Fix the chips in the double spoke of the steering wheel (I have to do the same thing to my sport wheel.)

#5 ·
welcome... if i had white. I'd vinyl the roof black, tint the windows, black out the kidney grill and get clear sidemarkers, tails and front corners. a set of lowering springs also really help out the appearance on xi's. I've got your same interior, I'm going to get my trim repainted eventually (its a hard color decision) and I have already traded out the beige headliner with black to keep it truly two tone. For performance on an auto Xi I feel should really be kept to headers, exhaust and a performance air intake... maybe a ECU chip. But the Auto transmission and transfer case on these cars really don't allow you run forced induction passed 9psi. Good luck with the modding!

#6 ·
the blacl top

I really like what you said about the black top. that sounds like a great idea. I did tint the windows now.
- im changing the fender lights to black. and buying the halos for the front (black) I have not decided on the tail lights but i did see some black and white striped ones online.
- thanks everyone for the feed back i will keep posting picks as i go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.