E46 Fanatics Forum banner

put shifter in reverse and mirror doesn't adjust like normal fuse?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bmwbob89 
#1 ·
The electric mirror still adjusts when I use the control but I'm not sure which fuse is the one that angles the passenger side mirror down for when you are parallel parking? I recently had to replace the cig ligher fuse so I am hoping this is just another fuse but there are a bunch of them....thanks

#4 ·
maybe since you left it in passenger side mode (since you said it tilts/works), go back on the switch and switch it to driver's... or maybe I'm confused.. I forget which side you have to set it to to get it to go down, but that could easily be your problem!

#5 ·
so I took out the fuse 57....and it looked fine...I tried moving the passenger side mirror motor and it stopped working...so fuse 57 is just for the mirror motor so you can adjust it to see....I have a manual...the problem is when I put the car in reverse...the passenger side mirror doesn't automatically tilt down and the reverse back up light doesn't come on???? I am not sure if there is a switch or sensor in the manual shifter that quit or its a fuse or what....thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.