Please help me with my 325ci!!! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
blindman23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: miami
Posts: 4
My Ride: 325ci
Please help me with my 325ci!!!

hello guys I'm new here and I really need your help. My 2001 325ci traction light and hand brake light are yellow, it just started happening today. Now when I attempt turn it on it has trouble starting like it takes about 2-3 seconds to start. Please guys help me out I greatly appreciate it!@!@!@
I also need to replace my spark plugs and ignition coil 1 because of misfire but I've been having that for month and never had that issue incase that helps!!!

Last edited by blindman23; 03-07-2014 at 08:37 PM.
blindman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
David McMahon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,451
My Ride: '99 E38 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman23 View Post
hello guys I'm new here and I really need your help. My 2001 325ci traction light and hand brake light are yellow, it just started happening today. Now when I attempt turn it on it has trouble starting like it takes about 2-3 seconds to start. Please guys help me out I greatly appreciate it!@!@!@
I also need to replace my spark plugs and ignition coil 1 because of misfire but I've been having that for month and never had that issue incase that helps!!!
You need to find what the codes mean. You mention the coil 1 misfire, so I assume you found that out by reading codes before?
__________________
David McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
blindman23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: miami
Posts: 4
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by David McMahon View Post
You need to find what the codes mean. You mention the coil 1 misfire, so I assume you found that out by reading codes before?
Yes but that was way before this problem came about. I've read similar posts but none of them had that same start up issue I'm having.. It's frustrating..
blindman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
David McMahon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,451
My Ride: '99 E38 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman23 View Post
Yes but that was way before this problem came about. I've read similar posts but none of them had that same start up issue I'm having.. It's frustrating..
After reading the forums for over a year I think the most common causes are

1, Bad battery, try an overnight charge

2, Fuel pump / filter, if not done recently they are worth buying anyway, keep old fuel pump as a spare.

3, loose electrical connectors, check/clean.

4, Maybe bad starter, changing them is supposed to be difficult, not done it yet myself.

Now this only a list from memory of no start/bad start threads.

If the Yellow brake light is lit up for a "proper" reason, speed sensors come up often, some advise cleaning them, some advise they are "hall effect" and cleaning makes no difference!
__________________
David McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
blindman23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: miami
Posts: 4
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by David McMahon View Post
After reading the forums for over a year I think the most common causes are

1, Bad battery, try an overnight charge

2, Fuel pump / filter, if not done recently they are worth buying anyway, keep old fuel pump as a spare.

3, loose electrical connectors, check/clean.

4, Maybe bad starter, changing them is supposed to be difficult, not done it yet myself.

Now this only a list from memory of no start/bad start threads.

If the Yellow brake light is lit up for a "proper" reason, speed sensors come up often, some advise cleaning them, some advise they are "hall effect" and cleaning makes no difference!
Man to be honest I probably won't have the money to replace everything until 1-2 months from now. Do you think the car will be ok till then?
blindman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
lszlszx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 5,345
My Ride: 1.8T, XC70
Replace the bad coil at least, that may improve your hard start problem.

You'll have to scan with a BMW specific scanner to find out about the traction light.
__________________


GM No Reverse - posts 427, 439

"Would the codes indicate if it's the carburator?"
lszlszx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
blindman23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: miami
Posts: 4
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lszlszx View Post
Replace the bad coil at least, that may improve your hard start problem.

You'll have to scan with a BMW specific scanner to find out about the traction light.
Yeah I'm going to try and do that this week, I hope that's the problem.
blindman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
325ci, bmw, issue

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.