E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #61
CNels

My Ride: 2000 328ci
I wish I could get one of these 'easy fixes'.My ASC and ABS were on when I bought the car.Now ,after I drive a mile or so,my red brake light comes on.All new pads,rotor,fluid flushed,ABS sensors,etc... I am starting to suspect the module.I couldn't care less about the ABS or ASC,but when the brake light is lit..No cruise control!! I am patiently(2 weeks and counting) for my diagnostic software to get here from XCar.

Last edited by CNels; 04-14-2014 at 09:25 PM.
CNels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #62
Rfonso57

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
The issue of the ABS/DSC/Brake indicators occurs in my car when is cold and after rain. Once the car warms up and I shut it off and I retart the car the Brake light goes off and only the ABS/DSC (yellow) remain and once the car is moving they go off. I had the brake system flushed and that did not fix the problem.
Rfonso57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #63
Mike-Iowa

My Ride: 325i
This is a good example of how speed sensor issues may not be speed sensors themselves. Recently had the dsc and brake lights on as well. Started out as an intermittent issue, eventually on all the time. Also picked up a vibration. Jacked it up and found a bad lower ball joint. Ordered in the control arm assembly (complete with both joints and the bushing for 199),and installed yesterday. After @30 minutes of driving,lights went out. Just thought I'd share so that people with these issues start thinking of other failures that could affect sensors out at the wheels and cause them to report failures. Good luck!
Mike-Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #64
nosreme722

My Ride: 2000 323Ci Coupe
ABS, DSC and Ebrake lights just came on today. Were on for 20min of driving, parked for 30min and came back and all were off. Time to search.. Any way to scan without taking it to dealer?

In the works
nosreme722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 AM   #65
RelaxIN

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Hey Guys...

I wanted to see if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction. In short, I'm looking for a qualified person (not necessarily a BMW mechanic) that can help me with an ongoing ABS issue that I'm having.

Issue: I have a 2001 330 CI convertible with 72,000 miles on it and the ABS/DSC and Brake light and Service Engine Soon are lit up in the dashboard. In addition this speedometer is also not working. I am an ex Ford mechanic myself and have tried the following based on the information I read on the site. I have already replaced the left rear speed sensor with an OEM and that did not resolve the problem. I told the car to "two" local places to have it looked at and they seem to think it's an ABS module that is causing the problem. They told me is a dealer only repair because they have to program in the VIN number or something to that effect. They both had the car for well over two weeks (4 weeks total) and is still not resolved. Aside from that, the car runs fine other than the lights.

Having said that, I'm looking for someone who has the knowledge and tools (BWM tools, meters if needed) on how to troubleshoot this issue and get it resolved. I have no problems paying a fair price, I just wanted to get if fixed the first time, the right way and be over with. At this point I'm not looking to do any further troubleshooting myself since I'm out of my league. I simply just want to get it resolved once and for all.

For those who may be interested in helping a brother out and getting paid for it, please reach out to me on the side... I'm located in the suburbs of Philadelphia in the Bucks County and Montgomery County area... thanks again for your time, Rick...!!

PS: Happy New Year to Everyone..!!
RelaxIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #66
BMW-North
// Quandt AG (Retired) //

My Ride: AMv8,e46x3,e90,e83
Posted some info for you in your other thread about scanning the codes and repairing yourself. All the diagnostic tools will cost about $50 total ($30 for BMW Scanner 1.4.x and $20 for the EDIABAS INPA cable) this will permit you to find out exactly what is wrong and if you need to swap in a used donor ABS module, you will be able to code it your car. You will still have to find a suitable donor ABS module - Should be had for another $50-60.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1094286

BMW-North E46 Electric Fan Guide

Download a clean working copy of BMW Standard Tools with Special Tests for e46 :
Single NRG file: Complete BMW Standard Tools Suite You will also need ISO Workshop (free edition - linked) to create the install directory (image) or disk. NRG file: 347,183 Kb
BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, battery, brake, dsc, red