E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #21
Senna-Man!

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Dude if you can do it, I will love you forever, yes the heat resistor. I will look now to order the relay. I'll PM you and let me know the damage, if you are capable of the mod!

I am in the Sylmar, Eldridge Ave area.
Senna-Man! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #22
6th Element

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Don't order just yet. Give me a few minutes. Let me check to see if BMA has the salmon relay. If they do, I can pick it up on my way there.
PM with your number. I'll shoot you a text.

"Never Mind What Haters Say, Ignore 'Em Till They Fade Away"
Instagram: TonyE46
6th Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #23
Senna-Man!

Just did! Awesome!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #24
6th Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-Man! View Post
Just did! Awesome!
Texted you just now!

Old 09-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #25
Senna-Man!

Yup, got it.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #26
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i
6E is a dude.

^^Blue Ridge Parkway^^ '03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
Senna-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post
6E is a dude.
No Kidding!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:42 PM   #28
6th Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yewzer B Lewzer View Post
6E is a dude.
Definitely not a girl

Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #29
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i
Personally I'd spend the $4k towards a manual transmission conversion.

^^Blue Ridge Parkway^^ '03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #30
Senna-Man!

Thanks MAN!

I met with Mr. 6th Element. Firstly let me start by saying, thanks man, you are awesome!

He was very kind to come and see my car to do the heat resistor mod.

BMW Sevice told me that SMG Pump needed to be replaced and that it would cost 4K to replace. I was deflated to say the least when i heard the number.
I had purchased the SMG Pump on my own at GetBMWparts.com, but the item was on back order, and to this date still that way. I cancel the order and last week I searched around to order the elusive component.

After no success with finding the Pump new at a reasonable price I made this thread. '6th Element ' started with some suggestions that I could implement on my vehicle, but due to my lack of mechanical knowledge he offered to help me out.

He checked for codes, and did a pretty good check of the M3. It turned out that it was not the pump itself what was the problem, but the "Pressure Accumulator". It is still not cheap, but it is a lot cheaper than purchasing the Pump.

He also suggested to change the break pads and some other minor things. He was kind enough to check the sub frame and the Vanos, and all looked good. There seems to be a minor leak although I will need to take the vehicle to a proper mechanic.

The fella is really a nice guy and fun to converse with. Always humble and honest. Really a diamond to have around.

Next step will be to get the components to be replaced and get them installed.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #31
6th Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-Man! View Post
I met with Mr. 6th Element. Firstly let me start by saying, thanks man, you are awesome!

He was very kind to come and see my car to do the heat resistor mod.

BMW Sevice told me that SMG Pump needed to be replaced and that it would cost 4K to replace. I was deflated to say the least when i heard the number.
I had purchased the SMG Pump on my own at GetBMWparts.com, but the item was on back order, and to this date still that way. I cancel the order and last week I searched around to order the elusive component.

After no success with finding the Pump new at a reasonable price I made this thread. '6th Element ' started with some suggestions that I could implement on my vehicle, but due to my lack of mechanical knowledge he offered to help me out.

He checked for codes, and did a pretty good check of the M3. It turned out that it was not the pump itself what was the problem, but the "Pressure Accumulator". It is still not cheap, but it is a lot cheaper than purchasing the Pump.

He also suggested to change the break pads and some other minor things. He was kind enough to check the sub frame and the Vanos, and all looked good. There seems to be a minor leak although I will need to take the vehicle to a proper mechanic.

The fella is really a nice guy and fun to converse with. Always humble and honest. Really a diamond to have around.

Next step will be to get the components to be replaced and get them installed.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!
Thanks for the kind words bud. I try to help as much as possible

As I mentioned to you yesterday. You have a code for "Loss of pressure" Which I think would be a faulty pressure accumulator based on other people having similar problems to yours and fixing it by replacing the accumulator, and not the pump.

The dealer usually just advises changing the whole unit, either because it's easier for them to replace it as a whole, or they figure since both, the pressure accumulator and the hydraulic pump are at the same location, and require the same amount of labor, they might as well change the whole unit.

I'll call a couple of places I know on Tuesday that work on M3's, that are familiar particularly with the SMG, and try to get their advice as to what they think might have failed, and I'll get back to you.

Your engine definitely sounds healthy. No noises out of the ordinary. Just a minor oil leak that I could spot while I was under the car. Your belts and pulleys were in good condition. your FCAB and RTAB's were also good. All your fluids were clean and full. Your front brake pads and rotors definitely need to be changed. Your rear pads and rotors are still good.

I'll shoot you a text as soon as I get on the phone with them on Tuesday!

Old 09-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #32
Senna-Man!

Yup, Thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #33
Senna-Man!

Not many places have the 'Pressure Accumulator' available. I sent two more inquiries, lets see what the reply tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:43 PM   #34
Dallas13

My Ride: M3 M5 X5
Smg pump

Did you find a source for a reasonably priced pump?
R,
Dallas
Dallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e46 m3