RaceLand Coilover Review - Page 66 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 4.80 average.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #1301
Jimfred

My Ride: 2004 325 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I'll just say, I'm glad you're happy with them.

A little bit about me,.......I'm the forum member that purchased these for testing purposes only (near the beginning of this thread) & actually had them tested.

RRT (Road Race Technologys) in VA put them through a very extensive round of both Spring & Strut/Shock computerized testing. The end result was complete failure. They then sat down with me & showed me all of the raceland deficiencies, the end result was this: They thought they would be unsafe on a street driven BMW.

So when I talk about raceland, I'm Not talking from the stand point of assumption.

Rob43
Like I said do your homework
Raceland makes the standard coilover that's red and there Ultimos are green which go lower
What irritates me about all this,this is the same f##king argument over and over again
Most people put racelands on there car to go low as possible and there car will never see a track or a parking lot with speed bumps and if your buying racelands to race at the track with,your an idiot
They have no valve adjustability just height
I guess I need to go bash everybody with KWs because they don't go low enough
But I have a life
Jimfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #1302
BimmerFool1

My Ride: 02' BMW 325i 5MT
RaceLand Coilover Review

I've been on Racelands for about a year now and the ware n tear is pretty good.. They squeek a lot and bounce a bit more now than when I put them on in the beginning but overall, can't complain, especially for a daily driver!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by BimmerFool1; 05-11-2014 at 08:35 PM.
BimmerFool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #1303
Rob43

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimfred View Post
Like I said do your homework
Raceland makes the standard coilover that's red and there Ultimos are green which go lower
What irritates me about all this,this is the same f##king argument over and over again
Most people put racelands on there car to go low as possible and there car will never see a track or a parking lot with speed bumps and if your buying racelands to race at the track with,your an idiot
They have no valve adjustability just height
I guess I need to go bash everybody with KWs because they don't go low enough
But I have a life

I did,............that's why I had them tested.

Like I said, I'm glad you enjoy them; But I wouldn't even put them on my lawnmower.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & Xi E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #1304
FcBarcelona

My Ride: 325ci
I'm not interested in tracking my car, I don't race, or be stupid driving fast.
I just drive to University and other places, it may seem like i'm trying to justify buying them, but I've read many people have them many miles.

So back to my question, where can i get a low priced set?
FcBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:29 PM   #1305
grayz221

My Ride: bmws
bump

Tags
coilovers, ebay, raceland, review