E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 03:30 AM   #41
HakenTT

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ijunkie View Post
Was, yes. After realizing they didnt exactly know fully what they were doing i was forced to jump into this rodeo (after a bout with TRM as well).
The factory vanos timing is less than perfect as is the fueling/timing. You are incorrect in your assumption that after 4K the vanos is locked in a fixed position, if you looked at the vanos tables you would see this. Removing safeties for the factory cats also leaves some on the table. You again still refute this yet have no evidence to the contrary. If it wasnt going to be immediately 'absorbed' by the MS43 master tuner, i would post logs of my flashes.
Factory vanos timing is perfect. There is nothing you can do there. Vanos tables show higher value at higher rpm, meaning any value for example above 200 is vanos turned off, so 202 and 215 are the same. There are no "safeties" above certain RPM, catalytic converters will not go bad because they are metallic, they don't melt.
Your dyno graphs are made by you, it is obvious that they are fake. Power increase is static from the beginning to the end. The fact that you got 10hp more at only 2000 rpm is a proof it is fake.

Your DISA polished tune is also fake. DISA valve is on/off, there is nothing you can do there other than change at what RPM is switches, and when it does airflow is disrupted within the manifold and you can't fix that with a tune. BMW had to introduce 3 stage DISA to be able to fix that problem but you were able to do it just with a tune.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #42
328ijunkie

My Ride: E36,E30
LOL,
I would be more than happy to send you the DRF's output from the dynojet that as far as i know cant be forged.

And the Vanos solenoids are PWM and are in crank degrees. It can vary precicely vary cam timing degree by degree not on off like a MS41 car. So If youre looking at the commonly distributed XDFs, ~85 is 'on' and ~126 is 'off'. Notice that there is a linear transition from on to off, This is as ive stated not ideal for maxium power.
And if cats dont go 'bad' or 'melt,' why are OEMs like BMW so worried about EGT's? Why do MSS54's MSS60s, MSS65s, have specific EGT maps that will kill power/enrich fuel to save/cool the cats down under sustained WOT conditions.

And the 'fake' DISA tune did require moving the DISA shutoff point (as you state it is off/on) to smooth the transition. A few hundred RPM, coupled with vanos changes makes all the difference.... Also 3 stage manifold was to help further increase linear torque across the board not to smooth a transition. Look at Dyno graphs of 330s/N51s they have horrible transitions....

Clearly Fake dyno runs :

Last edited by 328ijunkie; 10-14-2015 at 12:37 PM.
328ijunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #43
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Realize that all hakent is doing is Trolling everyone, for whatever reason he gets off on spreading bad information.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & Xi E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #44
328ijunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
DISA valve is on/off, there is nothing you can do there other than change at what RPM is switches, and when it does airflow is disrupted within the manifold and you can't fix that with a tune. BMW had to introduce 3 stage DISA to be able to fix that problem but you were able to do it just with a tune.
Just to further illistrate your lack of info, BMW did not introduce 3 stg manifold to fix the 'bump' in the power band, if anything they made it worse as now theres more of them at ~3200 ~4200, and ~6200. They introduced it to further the flat torque curve.

Examples:

Old 10-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #45
328ijunkie

And to further refute your 'fake' claim feel free to download WINPEP for free and open the DRFs and see for yourself all the data and progression 'Master MS43 Tuner'.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...k0&usp=sharing

/donehere.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #46
jdjg

My Ride: e39, m52tub30
RK tunes

what do you guys think about Dinan say of the NA motors tunes?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...anted-to-know/

Last edited by jdjg; 10-22-2015 at 04:03 PM.
jdjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:47 AM   #47
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
the numbers from the ignition and vanos maps ,how they corespond to degrees ? i need to understand they meanings raported to degrees,to play with increase /decrease overlap ,and advance/retard ignition somebody ..help !

Last edited by scorpionreptyle; 11-18-2016 at 03:48 AM.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330ci, m54, rk, tuning