E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #81
brianc843

Its pretty neat to click on the scan button it checks every single view log and checks for errors so you don't have to check one by one. Plus it was cool to see all the headlights and stuff flicker on and off half way through it.
brianc843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #82
brianc843

Quote:
Originally Posted by nallman View Post
Stuck you in right at the top. I didn't realize it, but your video was what got me on my feet in the first place!

Thanks again!
I noticed you said you had an issue with the alarm and the doors being closed option I actually didn't have my alarm on at all no regular alarm no interior no anything kind of Blown Away by that just thought my model didn't come with one I got the interior sensor alarm on cause I can see my little red Dome under my rearview mirror flashing now never have seen it before and also got my parking lights tail lights and sidelights to flash when I lock it but I can't seem to get the horn to chirp even with different options. Both my hi and low horns work.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #83
hobbyist47

My Ride: 2002 325i manual
set clock via PA Soft?

So, I used PA Soft to reset my temp gauge buffer, and when I wrote the change, it reset my clock. Now I am realizing that my clock reset button on the gauge cluster does not work, so I have no clock! Does anyone know if you can reset the clock via PA Soft? I couldn't find anything with Search, so I'm assuming it can't be done, but I wanted to check just in case.
Thanks!
hobbyist47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #84
brianc843

Maybe. Mine has been broken for some time now. And it reminded me when I see --:-- when I turn my car on... Oh well stoked about my recoding and is nice to use all the features the way I want them.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:47 AM   #85
blue328i

My Ride: 328i
Great Demo SolidJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Very nice, thank you. If you want you can throw in my youtube vid as well for a different perspective as well.
I have one of the earliest E46 and I took delivery in Feb of 1999. The P. A. Soft is awesome with the data it gives but, I am not sure if I will be able to use it in my 328i?

I currently use the Peak tool that I bought from BavAuto which has a connector in the engine bay with pins and I have noticed my indy mechanic also go to that connector when he does diagnostics on my car. I know I have the OBD connector since the smog check guys plug there.

Has anyone who has a E46 with the connector for car computer in the engine bay been able to use the OBD connector with the P. A. Soft?

Thanks Mates!
blue328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #86
BMW-North
// Quandt AG (Retired) //

My Ride: AMv8,e46x3,e90,e83
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue328i View Post

I have one of the earliest E46 and I took delivery in Feb of 1999. The P. A. Soft is awesome with the data it gives but, I am not sure if I will be able to use it in my 328i?

I currently use the Peak tool that I bought from BavAuto which has a connector in the engine bay with pins and I have noticed my indy mechanic also go to that connector when he does diagnostics on my car. I know I have the OBD connector since the smog check guys plug there.

Has anyone who has a E46 with the connector for car computer in the engine bay been able to use the OBD connector with the P. A. Soft?

Thanks Mates!
I used it at Bimmerfest to code some early e46's with the round under hood port. Worked fine. I was turning off DRL in the LKM modules and some other ABS stuff. Early in this thread there is a pic and description of the adpater.
BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #87
blue328i

My Ride: 328i
Thanks BMW- North!

I will have to buy the adapter for the engine bay pin connector as well as the PA Soft software and the OBD connector right?

I tried the link on where to purchase, but it said the link is bad. If you know a vendor who still sells the P. A. Soft and all the adopter, please let me know.
blue328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #88
brianc843

Quote:

Thanks Mates!
Yep go back a few posts you can see me trying to get it to worrk. I have a 2000 e46 328 I and it works for me with the adapter for the under the hood connection.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #89
BMW-North

Quote:
Thanks BMW- North!

I will have to buy the adapter for the engine bay pin connector as well as the PA Soft software and the OBD connector right?

I tried the link on where to purchase, but it said the link is bad. If you know a vendor who still sells the P. A. Soft and all the adopter, please let me know.
You'll find it on Ebay by seaching for BMW Scanner 1.4 - these are all Asian knock-offs of the original Russian development. There is also another thread on this forum that has links to clean versions of the software but if you can't find it PM me as I originally bought it back in the day at a very high price but it came with a manual and the original install software. My version is intended to run on XP - but as I said there are other threads on here where members have installed in successfully on Win 7 and even 10 and go into detail explaining it.

I'll come back later and post a couple of links ....

Edit: Here's the original installation manuals for Windows 98 & Windows XP
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Windows_98_Installation_Manual.pdf (355.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf Windows_XP_Installation_Manual.pdf (579.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by BMW-North; 01-13-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #90
brianc843

Yea I have Windows 10 and it took me a good couple hours to get it to work. I think In can remember how I did it if I need too lol
Old 10-01-2016, 03:03 AM   #91
eikido

My Ride: BMW 320
Gentlemen

An easy question .
I can't clear some faults that are not active. Why?
eikido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #92
brianc843

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
Gentlemen

An easy question .
I can't clear some faults that are not active. Why?
If its in yellow then it's just in the memory. The red ones are the active faults. You should be able to clear the entire memory but it wouldn't hurt to keep them just for documentation.you might could use that info for troubleshooting later. You can clear just the current faults or the memory and faults i believe.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:10 AM   #93
eikido

My Ride: BMW 320
Yes, they are yellow but i still can't clear them. Strange...
I do have documented all faults just in case.
eikido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #94
ChampionC

My Ride: 318Ci Convertible
Hi all

I have an E46 Convertible with an MK60 DSC, on which I was hoping to enable RPA. I did it through NCS Expert. I have the light lit on the dash now. I checked with PA Soft and I now have the following screen in the IKE Coding options (pictured below). While you can see "RDC" is ticked, "RDC signal via CAN" is not. What is this option for ?

Last edited by ChampionC; 10-06-2016 at 03:02 AM.
ChampionC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #95
DISCOBOY1
M T3ch

My Ride: E82 1M, E46 M3,F30
Can someone post the exact settings for oem LED tails?
I removed the check marks for
Rear left and right
Right tail 2 and 3
Left tail 3

I still get the warning light on the right when light switch is turned on

Also what is the bc message check for?
DISCOBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:16 AM   #96
BMW-North

I had to swap my 2001 vert LCM to enable led tails. My old lcm didn't support them.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #97
DISCOBOY1
M T3ch

My Ride: E82 1M, E46 M3,F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-North View Post
I had to swap my 2001 vert LCM to enable led tails. My old lcm didn't support them.
I have a 2002 with nov 2001 build, should be ok
DISCOBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #98
RowdyMalinois

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325CI 5spd
Anyone near ST. Pete Fl that has one of these PA Soft dongles. I could use some help with bixenon retrofit coding in the LCM, dealer couldn't do it for some reason (or was unfamiliar with it when they tried.)

Sent from my LG-K550 using E46Fanatics mobile app
RowdyMalinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #99
Jagdtiger

My Ride: 05 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
Has anybody gotten this to work with Windows 10? If so I could use your advice!
I got it working on win 10 64 bit. You have to have the cdm21224 drivers and go to the device manager and locate the scanner and update using the 21224 drivers.
Jagdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #100
Overboost
Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Very nice, thank you. If you want you can throw in my youtube vid as well for a different perspective as well.
Thanks for the PA Soft 1.4 primer video brother. Got the PA Soft 1.4 software up and running on an old Windows 8 64 machine I forgot I had stuffed in a bag as no longer needed. I used NumbaOneNewbs FTDI driver procedure for operating systems later than XP and everything works perfect including live data. The only thing I was disappointed in was my mirror comfort settings were grayed out and that was going to be my first coding attempt, auto fold on key fob alarm lock/unlock. I guess I need to have the folding mirrors option 313 added to my ZCS (Vehicle Order) using NCS Expert or SSS-Progman. If I understand this correctly, I will get 2 new modules to the list called BTM & FTM. I noticed when you made your video, your mirror options were grayed out too. Thanks again for the great video.

Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coding, guide, manual, pa soft, tutorial