E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
neil1138

Exclamation That's it, I'm done. DICE Silverline = fail. K-Bus error

The issues I had when I turned my car on:

1. turn signals dont light up inside but do work outside. (green blinker on cluster doesnt work)
2. seat belt light would not go off before and now its just off regardless if i am buckled or not.
3. sunroof switch intermitently doesnt work and does work.
4. wipers intermitnently work and dont work.
5. steering wheel controls dont work
6. open door sensors dont work at all.
7. A/C doesnt work at all.

Last edited by neil1138; 05-31-2017 at 08:54 PM.
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
CoconutPete

My Ride: E90 330i
Dang!

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Weird how it just doesn't work for some people. Mine's a bit flaky at times but works pretty well.

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.” “They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”
-----------
Extra Credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3"
not "I'm looking for a M3".
-----------
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
neil1138

Yeah I just haven't had a good experience with it, no worries. We all know that generally, everyone loves their DICE unit. Sometimes it just doesnt work and this was just one of those cases. My car is allergic to the DICE unit
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Slvr330zhp

My Ride: 2003 330iZHP
Dang! I hope I don't get those problems when I install mine.
Slvr330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
MojoJoe

My Ride: leaks fluids
Sounds exactly like the problem I have had with a GROM USB interface. When connected it pulled the bus voltage down to 6v, causing chaos with the AC and sunroof. The replacement arrived today so when I get my car back from the shop on friday I will hook it up and hope it plays nicely with the car's electric bits.
Probably (in both cases) caused by a faulty serial interface.
MojoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
DICE doesn't touch kbus, it uses ibus.

Were you the original owner of the kit? If so - can you please read off the numbers from the bottom of the module beneath the barcode for me? Also, what coding was being performed and why?
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Megalocnus

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP/MT
Neil, which DICE interface have you used - the one that connects with the headunit or the one that goes to the CD changer port in the trunk?
Megalocnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
neil1138

Radio interface. I'm the original owner of the Dice, it's the newest version as of a month ago because I had it warranty exchanged by dice for other problems. I did coding for my manual swap, pin that on me. Please try

I'll get you the number in a min, I'm away from my car

Last edited by neil1138; 09-02-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
Radio interface. I'm the original owner of the Dice, it's the newest version as of a month ago because I had it warranty exchanged by dice for other problems. I did coding for my manual swap, pin that on me. Please try

I'll get you the number in a min, I'm away from my car
I would recommend contacting DICE to speak directly with a technician on your issue. DICE can be contacted at 888.342.3999 or by email at support@diceelectronics.com.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
neil1138

The radio DEF is one of the modules that connects to the K-Bus, unless I'm completely mistaken... and I have the radio interface... Not the trunk interface.

Here is the number you asked for: A00127 - 0609

No offense, and I mean NO offense to you or anybody, but the techs at DICE know nothing more than to replace DICE units in conditions like this. How many times am I going to have to replace this electronic I paid good money for? I've only heard that DICE is the absolute best iPod integration for BMWs but I havent witnessed these claims once. I've only had problems, how many times am I going to be inconvenienced?

Last edited by neil1138; 09-02-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
The radio DEF is one of the modules that connects to the K-Bus, unless I'm completely mistaken... and I have the radio interface... Not the trunk interface.

Here is the number you asked for: A00127 - 0609

No offense, and I mean NO offense to you or anybody, but the techs at DICE know nothing more than to replace DICE units in conditions like this. How many times am I going to have to replace this electronic I paid good money for? I've only heard that DICE is the absolute best iPod integration for BMWs but I havent witnessed these claims once. I've only had problems, how many times am I going to be inconvenienced?
where did you hear such a thing?!
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
neil1138

I was trying to be nice to Tom, trying... I'm holding in the anger as best I can.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
I was trying to be nice to Tom, trying... I'm holding in the anger as best I can.
Please contact DICE directly - I've already informed them of the issue and they are expecting your call.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
neil1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Please contact DICE directly - I've already informed them of the issue and they are expecting your call.
Oh, well thank you very much. I hope the 3rd DICE is the charm! Because I've already replaced my headunit once. All for the sake of proper ipod integration. I've covered all grounds, the DICE is the broken link.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
chicane
Banned

My Ride: BMW M3
Thumbs down

I thought I was the only one. I bought two of these Dice Silverline's from EAS and these things are flaky as h3ll. I frequently have problems with the DICE not recognizing my iPhone or not displaying the correct song info and my only recourse its to unplug the battery....DICE Silverline = fail.
chicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #16
k41

My Ride: 04 330CI TiAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicane View Post
I thought I was the only one. I bought two of these Dice Silverline's from EAS and these things are flaky as h3ll. I frequently have problems with the DICE not recognizing my iPhone or not displaying the correct song info and my only recourse its to unplug the battery....DICE Silverline = fail.
Did you plug urs to the cd changer in the trunk or radio interface in fhr front?

wow i was about to jump on the dice until i read this... =\
k41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Wow, I've never heard of problems like this with the DICE. Mine occasional gets stuck on ATTACHED. I leave it plugged in almost all the time and it stays on. When it gets stuck, I just unplug it and plug it back in. No big deal really but I have a spec.dock on the way so I shouldn't have this problem anymore as I will be unplugging it every time I get of out the car. Hope you get things figured out.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #18
neil1138

Yeah we'll see. I'm not one to keep installing failed products on my car, just to make my car keep malfunctioning. We will see. What I don't want is just another DICE unit sent my way as some sort of retribution. I'm tired of dealing with these kind of problems
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
Wow, I've never heard of problems like this with the DICE. Mine occasional gets stuck on ATTACHED. I leave it plugged in almost all the time and it stays on. When it gets stuck, I just unplug it and plug it back in. No big deal really but I have a spec.dock on the way so I shouldn't have this problem anymore as I will be unplugging it every time I get of out the car. Hope you get things figured out.
Have you missed the 2k post thread about the Dice ? ha
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #20
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
USA Spec > Dice

Tags
cluster, dice, dme, error