E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
vandentr

My Ride: 2004 325xi Auto
Is your rearview mirror "bleeding"?

If it is, and you're not interested in paying $400+ to a highway robber, get a hold of these folks:

Sybesma’s Electronics

They will repair the auto-dimming review mirror in your BMW (as long as it's not the Home Link version) for $79 + Shipping!

I work less than 10 minutes away from them so I went to their place of business this afternoon and popped off my mirror and handed it over. It should be ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon.

Note #1: There will be a white sticker on the arm of your mirror that has a part number they need in order to confirm what model of mirror you have. Make sure to have that available before contacting them.

Note #2: If they don't have one to exchange you'll have to send yours to them, but it sounds like they can turn them around within a day of receiving it.

The friendly folks over there said they do a TON of these repairs on the BMW mirrors so I am thrilled to have found this resource!These are the types of little gems I love to uncover in a world that seems bent on ripping off as many people as possible!

Last edited by vandentr; 07-02-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: To correct spelling.
vandentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
trizzuth

My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
Interesting. Do they do this repair also for cheaper on the sideview mirrors? New glass for them is about $79, but occurs much more frequently, which is why I am asking if the price is lower than getting a new side mirror glass..
Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Mango
e46mango.com

My Ride: Lexus
not bad. paid $100 from radar-mirror for a neighbors sos mirror repair
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
vandentr

Is your rearview mirror "bleeding"?

Not sure on the side mirrors, will ask tomorrow when I pick up my rear view...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
BobW

My Ride: 2005 330ci
I just used Sybesma's a couple of weeks ago. Sent mirror in on a Thursday, back by next Tuesday. I live in St. Louis. Highly recommend them. Mirror came back with no indication it was ever apart.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i
I bought a Z4 mirror for $75 instead
Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
www.radar-mirror.com did a great job on my mirror in 2011. I'm pretty sure they received, repaired and shipped my mirror in the same day. Mirror has been leak-free since.

I contacted Sybesmas first but at the time they were out of stock on components and couldn't do the repair.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
vandentr

Follow up:

I picked up my mirror today and it is back to MINT condition!

These guys are awesome to deal with and do a great job, from a financial perspective it beats any other option I came across in my hunt for a replacement - and was even guaranteed to work!

Hope this info help others out as well!

-TVB
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
alpine003

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandentr;15542871
[URL="http://sybesmas.com/site/"
Sybesma’s Electronics[/URL]

They will repair the auto-dimming review mirror in your BMW (as long as it's not the Home Link version) for $79 + Shipping!
Dunno if they raised their prices from just a couple weeks ago but I confirmed over the phone that the mirror repairs are now $97. Just an FYI...
Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Knight

My Ride: '05 330Ci | '01 325i
I've heard good things about them. Personally, I used Radar Mirror for my repair since they didn't have a replacement in stock at the time. Came back looking brand new!
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Max'd out

My Ride: 04 330cic
I had them repair my mirror last year and it was $97. Sounds like you got a real deal ... maybe because it was walk-in service rather than mailing. Yes, they do a great job and with prompt service.
Max'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
goose123

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
Mine just started, glad I logged into Fanatics to see this.

goose123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
Krash83

My Ride: 325xit
So, whats happening in the mirror when if fails? If they are able to fix this problem in less than a day, assuming its not a 100K machine that fixes it, why can't I do it? If its ordering a new piece of glass, and a few wires, that's not a big deal. I need to do repair, but seems like something people should have at least an explanation of what and why it fails.

Mine failed weeks after i had the windshield replaced. Don't know if that was the contributing factor.
Krash83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto dimming, mirror, rearview, rearview mirror