E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My search for more NA power (Dyno time)

272K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  radichev 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start this thread to document where I'm going with my car. I'm a big fan of dyno results versus butt-dyno feeling. I like to make sure I get some bang out of my buck. Hopefully this thread will give people some reference when they are looking for NA mods.

If you have any good solid before/after dynos (corrected numbers) feel free to post them with an explanation. I'll start off by posting what I have so far....

#86 · (Edited)
Okay, it's installed. Car felt awesome tonight. But, it's also about 20 degrees cooler than it's been in months. So, I won't get too excited, yet.

On another note. Magnaflow is SOLD. Should be going in next week to get the exhaust going. Guess I'll have to hurry up and dyno the TB :)

Also picked up a set of wheel studs from Vorshlag today. Pics tomorrow! Look WAY better than the stock bolts.

#88 ·
So, I'm lying in bed unable to sleep and the name "Bim Growl" comes into my head. I was getting into the scene about the time he started getting out of it (and scamming people).

I found his FS thread when he was trying to sell his 330. Here's what he had listed:

Engine/ Driveline:
Conforti Shark Software
Gruppe M Intake
Technik Underdrive Pulleys
Dinan Throttle Body
Supersprint Headers
Supersprint High Flow Racing Cats
Rogue DMS Exhaust
Technik Port/Polished Cylinder Head
Schrick 248/248 profile Cams
UUC Polyurethane Transmission Mounts
UUC Clutch Stop
3.38 Differential

Claimed:
Dyno #'s: 255rwhp, 242torque

So, aside from head work and that I'm running slightly different cams, we're right on the same track. I'll be running the 3 inch exhaust. Honestly, 240rwhp before pulling the head was my goal, and I would have been happy with 250rwhp after head work. Now I think I'm going to have to shoot for 260 at the wheels. Can't have this lingering over my head...

#90 ·
I'm trying not to get too excited. The car felt good tonight, but I'm sure it's just mental. I really doubt the TB made that much power. Still, I'm excited. Hoping for Saturday morning for the pulls. It only supposed to be a high of 90, last time it was around 100 when I hit the rollers.

#116 ·
Well, that was kind of a bust. But, you win some, you lose some. Conditions were about 15 degrees cooler in the dyno room, but humidity was double. It was about 19% last time, showing 41% this time. I can't help but think that hurt me a bit.

No gain. In fact, numbers were slightly lower (1.5hp, 2tq). I hardly consider it a loss, as things can vary all the time. My last dyno was right after an oil change, blah blah blah. Also, 99% of the graph is the same.

I'm disappointed, but not distraught. For a 140k motor, it's still pulling strong and consistently. Going to Stett for the exhaust tomorrow. If I don't make any power there, I may start to frown a bit.

Comments welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.