E46 Fanatics Forum banner

anyone know 12v keyed hot wire for v1 install?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  FenderGuy05 
#1 · (Edited)
none of the diy i've found have the same wire colors as my car

doers anyone know the hot keyed wire on either the map lights or the roof hatch switch ?

would like to tie v1 into either

or know where i would find info?

#4 ·
Here's what I did. In the plastic cover on the roof right by the rear view mirror, I spliced into the Universal garage door opener (white 3 pin connector) since I would never bother to use it. Green/Blue is switched hot. Brown is ground. Connected those two wires to a 2.5mm DCV connector ($2.39 at any electronics store) but you could also use a mono audio female connector, and drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the front of the headliner right by the rear view mirror. This connection can only be seen from the front of the car, is very discrete and looks like it is part of the car. I then cut my power cord to length, soldered on a 2.5mm male connector (again, cheap at $2.99 at the electronics store). It plugs into my new power outlet with a touch of slack but no drooping wires and that's that. Thanks for all the advice. I weighed each carefully and picked the one that suited my needs best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.