E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Major issues?

636 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dmax 
#1 ·
When I'm downshifting my car will occasionally stall out and when I'm accelerating and shifting there is a thud coming from the rear end. Any ideas what is causing these malfunctions? 328ci 2000

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#2 · (Edited)
Smarter people will probably chime in, so I am just making my guess and hoping that I am first in with the right answers.

I would look at Guido (Flex Disc) and Center Shaft Bearing as well as transmission mounts for the Thud.

For the stall on downshift, I am not sure... Are you having erratic idle? Maybe the Idle Control Valve?

Hope someone else comes in with more definitive answers for you.

#6 ·
Guibo...aka 'flex disk coupling' or technically the 'universal joint.' The rubber ring on the front of the driveshaft.

CSB...center support bearing...halfway down on the driveshaft...not visible without remove exhaust and heat shield.

If you were to have searched for either of these terms, you'd have found a thousand references. I'm nice, so will call this your mulligan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.