E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Licensed To Tune: The Name Is FREAKS, HORSEPOWERFREAKS

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  M3 2 NV 
#1 · (Edited)
It is true, HorsepowerFreaks is now an authorized AEM Infinity Installer and Tuner. We can sell the AEM Infinity and Install them. AEM is selectively releasing the Infinity to tuners who can support their product and have gone through the AEM Infinity training in Los Angeles. Here's a link to the very few authorized dealers for the AEM Infinity.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/dealer_locator.php

But don't get too excited yet. No AEM dealer on this list is allowed to sell the AEM Infinity quite yet and they only exist with a Supra configuation and a generic or Supra harness. We are getting our first infinity early next week and it is going in John's E30 / S54 swap. AEM does have the plug n play S54 Infinity on their schedule but it will be a little while before everything gets figured out and released.

The AEM Infinity software uses VE based tuning and was quite easy to use. I was really impressed with how quickly you could dial a car in. The computer is so fast you can literally log every parameter in the system 1000 times per second. Then you can stop the log, click on a spot and flip through the maps and graphs and it follow along your tune and adjust any cell or cluster of cells you want.

The downside is much of the additional functionality and extra features we are used to seeing in our AEM EMS and are required to run our turbo kits isn't there yet. So we need some software changes as well. But it will come some day. Until then we will be playing around with the AEM Infinity here in Portland and will keep everyone informed as the eta when it will eventually be sold with our E46 M3 turbo systems. For those that have our current systems there may be a couple features you could get with the Infinity that you don't currently have such as Flex Fuel and Wheel speed based traction control. However you can still run E85 with our current system just not flex fuel, and you can run our current traction control which is acceleration based not wheel speed based. Would be nice to have a built in accelerometer wouldn't it? I asked in the training. ha ha.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
LOL. Hey Chris, thanks for the heads up. You guys did not waste any time! Great. When do you think AEM will release an S54 plug and play? That isnt going to stop you from adapting the Supra based models to HPF BMW builds is it?
From the sound of things with John's car, its full steam ahead.

What is missing that we boost junkies need? EGT info? What?
How are you going to fill the void? Is AEM going to address turbo needs for the Infinity eventually? I am pretty shocked that they did not develop turbo functions for its debut! Are you? Could AEM have done better for their debut?

Sorry, it sounds like AEM Infinity is still a bunch of questions needing answers. I hope this all will get resolved/developed eventually(soon)! I have no doubt you guys will be instrumental in HELPING AEM with some of these issues. Is that the plan? Let them know our boost needs? You are right on the front line. It does sound exciting to be part of a whole new system. It is very cool you are part of a very elite group of dealers too!

I want to see this new ECU really get even more developed to give us more control, safeguards and tuning ability for our builds.

Do you expect the TC to be as good(same?) as Pro EFI?

#5 ·
It will be a little while on the E46 M3. They haven't even started on it yet. I'm not going to get into an AEM vs ProEFI debate on this thread, but the AEM Infinity will do wheel speed based traction control.

Chris.

#6 · (Edited)
What makes this better than the current version? Any place online that you can read the upgrades/updates this version is getting? It sounds decent, did they fix the cam issues with this one? Will a failed CPS still eat your motor? What did they do to fix that issue. What type of fail safes does infinity have that the old aem didn't? I honestly don't care who answers these questions. If AEM has released all this info, I'd enjoy reading it. Surely they addressed the cam sync issues???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.