E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What Is This????

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BM-MAN 
#1 ·
The other day my passenger front turn signal bulb blew. I changed it and within seconds it blew again. As I was going to try again, a friend of mine noticed this thing and the cap was off. I experimented and with the cap on, everythings fine. With it off, the bulb blows everytime.

heres the link to a pic:http://www.imagestation.com/album/inbox.html?id=4289238851

Thanks

#3 ·
Yes, it was a short I am sure, but why when this cap is off? The cap has metal contacts on it and in the part it screws into. If you are standing in front of the car, there is a big empty space in the engine compartment closest to the passenger side. If you look in this empty area you will see a round black cap. Unscrew it and lift up. I tried to attach the pics but got a message saying no attachments at this time. Thanks

#6 ·
it's that round cap with all the pins inside right?that cap is for diagnostics,the dealer puts your car on the computer with that
if somethings wrong with that i would run to your stealer immeadetly

#7 ·
Thanks Davy, nothing is wrong with it except the cap had popped off. It seems if the cap is off, your passenger turn signal blows. I took the cap off, started the car, and sure enough blew the front turn signal, just to see if it would do it again. I guess it wasnt screwed on tight and the cap just popped offby itself last time. Thanks again, had me stumped as to what it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.