E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Whats wrong with my brakes???

712 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Liscia 
#1 ·
about 3 months ago i took my M3 in for service because i was getting a squeaking sound in my drivers side front brakes when i was just driving normal not when braking and shaking in my stearing wheel when braking. The dealer told me i had warped rotors and that was all, replaced under maintenance warranty.

well about a month later, same problem, different dealer. They told me i had a sticking caliper on that side, so it along with the rotors (warped again) and pads replaced again under maintenance warranty

well now it has been another month and i have pretty much had the squeeking problem since they replaced the caliper (i thought they might have forgot some anti squeal compound). and now my steering wheel shakes again

Does anyone have any idea what else could cause my rotors to keep getting warped and this sound to keep happening so i can give these service people an clue about what to do since it seems they done know.:dunno:

this is getting irritating

thanks

#2 ·
I've noticed that dealers sometimes guess at solutions. For it to happen again and again thats wierd. Are you breaking in the brakes properly? The only other thing I can think of is maybe your idea of normal may actually be (no offense, just guessing). Maybe take it to another dealer and get a second opinion?

Just a thought

#3 ·
I always tip the worker a few bucks to put the wheels back on with a hand wrench. Use of an air wrench can warp rotors.[most shops use them] I bent a 1/2" Craftsmen breaker bar trying to get the wheels off! At least back off on the lugs when you get home and tighten to 80 LBS with a torque wrench.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.