E46 Fanatics Forum banner

I am taking my car in for the 60,000 mile service, should i remove my gruppeM?

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  kevinbahnz 
#1 ·
Should i remove it and put the stock back in or will the dealer not care? How much is the 60,000 service usually? What do they do?

#4 ·
depends on your dealer,
it only takes 2 mins to take it off, same for putting it on
might as well put in the effort

#8 ·
Re: I am going to take it to Crevier.

ABMW said:
ask for Russel Dilley for your service advisor, he is hands down the best guy i've ever met at a dealer

crevier is really really really cool to modded cars.. u can find some of the most modded e46 going to crevier for services..

they never bother me with all my mods :thumbup:

#10 ·
Hmm... I just dropped off my car for service this morning. I opted not to take off the GruppeM. I don't think it's going to be a problem, but if it is I'll let you know. I have some problems with my high beams not working, I hope the dae don't void my warranty.

#13 ·
I would take it off... i found out that even though they might not tell you anything when you'll come to pick up the car, they take notice of every aftermarket thing you have in your car... and then if something happens down the road and you'll come and think that it will be covered by warranty... they'll pull up a list of all things they've seen in your car and might just blame it on that. So since it takes 10 min to take it off and put a factory one, it doesn't worth it.

#15 ·
Re: Re: I am going to take it to Crevier.

e46boy said:

ask for Russel Dilley for your service advisor, he is hands down the best guy i've ever met at a dealer

crevier is really really really cool to modded cars.. u can find some of the most modded e46 going to crevier for services..

they never bother me with all my mods :thumbup:
what mods..:confused:

haha..just kidding:tongue:

i'd leave it on..shoudln't really matter

#16 ·
I dont think there is any warranty over 60,000. I dont have extended warranty.

I'll try to set up an appnt with Russel. Btw, if the 60,000 service includes chaningin the air filter but i have my gruppeM on, do they knock off some money off the price. Plus, a few thousand miles back i have my belts replaced and brake fluid changed and i found out all this things will be done in the 60,000 mile service

#20 ·
Re: Do dealers price match service? Crevier quoted me $698 while Shelly quoted me $524

ABMW said:
Thats a huge difference in price.
call http://www.newcenturybmw.com/

it's in alhambra, if you are willing to drive. i heard shelly's service dept sucks ass.

#21 ·
Irvine BMW is 574, New Century is 560, Long beach is 650

I asked Crevier if they price matched Shelly BMW and the adviser i talke to said no. Then he says make sure they use real bmw parts and i told him i am asking you to price match Shelly BMW. I would rather not go to shelly bmw..my first choice is actually Crevier but i may go to Irvine BMW since i got my car from them but i have never taken it their for service.

Anyone hear good or bad things about irivne bmw service?

#22 ·
what exactly do they do on the 60,000mile service aka Inspection II service. i had mine done last year and i dont they replaced anything i.e. belts and filters besides the oil filter. and when i asked them about the timing belt they said that our cars didnt come with belts but a chain. can anyone shed some light on this Inspection II that costs 500-600 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.