Pre Facelift: M Tech II or M3? - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #41
GhostVipers

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post

Of course any of us can do anything we like to our cars, but when pics are posted on a public forum, expecting anything but a wide range of opinions is foolish.

Hey at the end of the day it's my decision and I asked for opinions and that's what I got. All the back and forth is also very enjoyable to read and think about. Unlike other forums, most here knows pretty much what they are talking about and back up what they say with valid reasons.

2. The M3 parts signify something, namely, a faster car. It's not just a random bodykit. I'm sure there are a handful of folks out there who just like the bits b/c they look good, but the vast majority of owners put the parts on their car to make it look faster, plain and simple. And trying to make a slow car look fast is, well, hypocritical. That's the main thrust of the objections.

This is somewhat over stated. Yes it was only on the M3 and yes the M3 is faster, but i highly doubt the BMW designers follow the rule of M3 bumper = faster car. Speaking of which i'm happy to say the car is going up to an excellent shop in the area called Decordre Auto and it is going to get a basic ECU tune. I have more planned for the future but I am just getting my bearings. This car won't remain stock under the hood either I really can't wait to get started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgkinsc330ci View Post
I think that's a pretty grand assumption. At least, pertaining to the tastefully-modded individuals we're talking about here. Not the high-school kid with an ill-fitting Ebay M3-rep bumper on a 323Ci with stock wheels.

Couldn't have said it better. If I am honest I go to school with people like that. I've had a passion for cars since I was young,probably much like everyone here. So when it came time for me to get a car I worked my butt off and invested my money. It paid off and I got the car I wanted with more than enough money to spare to make it much meaner than it was from the factory. Overall I couldn't be happier to be here and talk to people ass passionate as I am (I'm really coming off as the naive little hippie aren't I? lol).

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #42
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
but the examples I've seen in real life look really wonky.

such a good point. i've seen some pictures that make me think okay, not too bad. then you see it in person and your like, wow...that looks weird. whenever i see a non M with an M bumper in person i start to stereotype them in my head :/

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #43
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: Project 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjose View Post
definitely the m-tech 2. Here's my 328Ci which I bought from DiscoStu back in 2012.
If you ever decide to sell it one day, let me be the first to know
Old 06-16-2017, 02:04 AM   #44
manilaboy1vic

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
my vote is m3 or csl.
manilaboy1vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #45
bendoscopy

My Ride: 02 320Ci (M54 2.2)
I'm gonna be that dick that votes for neither. The 330 pre-face bumper is really nice, and I would stick with it. I've got a 320 and I wish I had those extra titanium stripes and mesh in my lower grille.

The more I see 320/323/325/330 cars with stock bumpers, the more I like them. The pre-facelift stock look is what I think is the "classic" E46.
bendoscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #46
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
i can add some photos of my last E46 i did the M-Tech II on. preface. just think the M-Tech II fits the front better.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #47
Alex323Ci

side rear

front angle

rear with ACS diffuser

early stock hood and stock chrome grill

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 06-17-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #48
GhostVipers

I have finally come to a decision. I am going with the M-Tech II, and it is on the way to my home along with the ZHP brake ducts. Like many others on here I have found that the M-Tech flows much better in practice. I will post pictures when I install and get it painted.

With that said I was contemplating starting another thread on the topic of the CSL trunk vs the M3 lip spoiler to play devils advocate. The back and forth is really entertaining to read... but that is another issue for another day. In the end the advice of "It's your car, do what YOU want," is the best advice on here and I hope anyone reading this in the future will take that to heart.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #49
Mango
e46mango.com

My Ride: Lexus
Good choice. I would go with MTECH II all the way. not even a question.

Don't M3 a non-M!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #50
GhostVipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Good choice. I would go with MTECH II all the way. not even a question.

Don't M3 a non-M!
Completely agree, I'm proud to own my 330. I will simply add some ZHP touches... and perhaps a CSL trunk, I seriously enjoy the look of it and can't help myself.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #51
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostVipers View Post
Completely agree, I'm proud to own my 330. I will simply add some ZHP touches... and perhaps a CSL trunk, I seriously enjoy the look of it and can't help myself.
i think the M-Tech II bumpers are the way to go. This was designed by BMW for the pre-facelift coupe btw. also the front bumper face is flush while the M3 is pushed out at the center. this aggressive front over the M-Tech II is best suited for the M3 imho. or a car that can carry the aggressive front styling from other styling mods.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #52
UmnitzaSupport
Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 m3
Umnitza has the CSL, M3 and Mtech2 bumpers in stock! Either one you can't go wrong. We recommend the Mtech2 for best fitment and easy install.
Give us a call at Umnitza !

https://www.umnitza.com/bumpers-exte...-or-sedan.html

Call Tim K. 877 486 6489
Email Konstantin D. umnitzaship@gmail.com
Available: 9am-5pm M-F
UmnitzaSupport is offline   Reply With Quote