E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My ESS TS2 install, it all starts NOW! :)

54K views 337 replies 30 participants last post by  fmzip 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you may know, I purchased Elio's TS2 kit. For those who haven't been following along:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518834

Had my baseline dyno run today. After the first pull and smoke coming out of the left rear wheel,maybe the strap was on the exhaust. :yikes:Hmmm.

Second run, coming to the end car maxs out at 150hp now theres flames shooting out of my caliper wtf?? :hmm:Jack up the car, wheel spins freely. Maybe the ebrake was stuck.

Next run, coming to an end the rotor is glowing red, real nice red flames coming out of my caliper.....:censor:
Take the wheel off, brake pads look fine. Take my brand new cross drilled rotor off that is now a nice glazy looking color, what do we find??? The smoldering remains of the ebrake pad....clean everything up, here's the results. One run in 4th, one in fifth. I guess these first runs all should have be done in 4th since it hits top speed in 5th before it hits redline, duh! Such a noobie on this stuff but oh well! Does this look normal/good? Car has 68K on it completely stock....old plugs, coils, fuel filter and fuel pump. All these items will be replaced in the process.

See less See more
#38 ·
That looks great, Fran! One question though... what would you do if you needed to plug something in your cigarette lighter... is that no longer an option for you?

#40 ·
Looking really good:thumbsup:

#43 · (Edited)
Well....got the manifold off! The mystery bolt was extremely hard to find, Bentley manual to the rescue! It was easy to get off once I found it! I snapped a pretty good picture which should give the next person a better idea where it is!

I used a deep 3/8 16mm socket, swivel then an extension

#51 ·
Well....got the manifold off! The mystery bolt was extremely hard to find, Bentley manual to the rescue! It was easy to get off once I found it! I snapped a pretty good picture which should give the next person a better idea where it is!

I used a deep 3/8 16mm socket, swivel then an extension

That bolt was a biotch to get to.

lookin good so far, all the best. please keep us updated on the install!
+1

#49 ·
Here's me thinking of 50% more HP!! :)

:rofl:

GREAT job on the install thus far, Fran!

On a separate note, ESS sent me a free limited edition T-shirt (XL size) with my order (see my S/C thread (with the subject heading "It's OFFICIAL...") for the pics of the shirt), and I may have to order a second one in XXL size just to see which one fits me better... if you're interested in the one that doesn't fit me (assuming it fits you) just let me know and I'll sell it to you for the same price I bought the 2nd shirt for (I'm waiting to hear back how much the shirt is). :)

#57 ·
Thanks for the heads up, Darren... I'll double check with my mechanic tommorrow and see if he cleaned, replaced, or did nothing with the ICV (FINALLY pick up my car tommorrow!! :woot: )

#63 · (Edited)
I will do a dry mount first.....I believe I have plenty slack with all the individual wires.......Might be the camera angle. All the individual connections are not in that picture, I have them out of the way. You can actually see one label in the right hand side of the picture, all other connections reach the master cylinder bay. Shortest one is the ICV which still should be plenty long

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.