E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Does your m3 feel like a honda accord?

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  kiwami 
#1 ·
So here we go gents! Do you feel like( IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM )your car feels like a Honda Accord? Let's just use a V-6 model also, little more fair, right? To be more specific, 3rd gear at 3k-3500 rpm range? I drive a manual and personally don't have any issues with performance here, but I'm trying to see if this is a common problem. Thanks in advance!!!

:woot:

#3 ·
^^Hahaha, thanks for your concern and don't blame you for being cautious. There's a member here that is experiencing this issue with his car. I'm helping him out by gathering info from other M3 drivers so we can see if this is a common issue or if he should get his ride looked at. Just help'n out bro!! :clap:

#11 ·
I can't keep my mouth shut on this one! This is the dumbest post I have ever seen. Why would you compare the two especially based on opinion. There is no possible out come that would answer such an erroneous question. Now I'm some what shameful for bumping this thread.

#20 ·
I can't keep my mouth shut on this one! This is the dumbest post I have ever seen. Why would you compare the two especially based on opinion. There is no possible out come that would answer such an erroneous question. Now I'm some what shameful for bumping this thread.
I have to agree here...:facepalm: The two cars are very different cars...not even in the same class :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#12 ·
Do you feel like( IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM )your car feels like a Honda Accord?

No. I've owned a Honda Accord.

Honda is known for their crazy 3rd gear Vtec pull from 3000-3500 rpm tho :lmao::facepalm::tsk::eek::banghead:

#22 ·
Thank all of you for keeping the "dumbest thread ever" alive! Like I said before, I was try'n to help him out. Did I poke fun at his comparison, yeah, maybe a little, but my intetions were pure. It sounds like he just doesn't think his car is fast. That's it. Case closed...Now go do some burnouts in the street!!

#23 ·
NO...feels nothing like a Honda Accord....

Your friend probably just expected something faster from a 8k revving 3.2 inline 6...tell him to find a track, take both cars out and drive them as hard as he can and report back how similar they feel. If they still feel similar to him, tell him to sell that M3 and keep a Honda.

#25 ·
Comparing my (or any) M to an Accord at any RPM in any gear is like a kick in my dick.

I don't care if the Accord is made of crushed up unicorn horns, you ****ign offended me.

But to answer you, no. 3rd gear pulls hard. Errytime.

#28 ·
Certainly no comparison - have a 2011 V6 Accord and the two feel nothing alike (in any category especially the engine dept). If he is having an issue in 3rd gear, I'd have a shop look at the car. Is it a manual or SMG car?

#29 · (Edited)
Well I own 2 Hondas: a 94 civic & a 99 acura cl which is basically an accord coupé and a 04 M3 SMG.
the civic is faster than the M3 but it's heavily modified for road racing or fun track days it's Rotrex, but even if the Hondas are reliable & cheap to maintain. There is no way a stock accord can compare with a stock E46 M3 in any way shape or form. The engineering on the m3 chassis alone is superrior. Honda does makes amazing engines but they have not manufactured a K-series engine with six pistons yet. When they do then you could say power & torque wise they will out perform the s54 but that day won't come.

So tell your friend no.
An m3 is more vehicle than an accord parked, cruising & specially in the turns.

#32 ·
Well I own 2 Hondas: a 94 civic & a 99 acura cl which is basically an accord coupé and a 04 M3 SMG.
the civic is faster than the M3 but it's heavily modified for road racing or fun track days it's Rotrex, but even if the Hondas are reliable & cheap to maintain. There is no way a stock accord can compare with a stock E46 M3 in any way shape or form. The engineering on the m3 chassis alone is superrior. Honda does makes amazing engines but they have not manufactured a K-series engine with six pistons yet. When they do then you could say power & torque wise they will out perform the s54 but that day won't come.

So tell your friend no.
An m3 is more vehicle than an accord parked, cruising & specially in the turns.
Nice! What do you have done to this beast and do you have pics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.