E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Project: Useless E46

439K views 625 replies 229 participants last post by  enrike 
#1 · (Edited)
Hows it going guys! I'm ready to start my build thread on my new 2003 BMW 325i. SO far I really like this forum and have enjoyed floatin around checking out old threads and what not.

Before I get started I wanted to tell a little about myself! My name is Austin, I am 20 years old and I come from the VW/Audi scene. I love working with cars and I LOVE working with European cars. I am partial to stance and fitment. Hence my name on this forum, I love making my cars so low static, they are rendered useless :rolleyes: well for most people who arrent familiar with driving low. I live in Ventura County and am a BMW Auto Technician, so I know these cars pretty well and love going to work everyday!

Alright enough with the talk, let me show you what I'm all about, This is my previous ride. A 2000 VW Passat Wagon on 18x10 et25 Miro STP-1's wrapped in 215/35/18 Tires.

I loved my wagon and unfortunatly it got totalled! :( So from there it only made sense to get a BMW Being that I am an auto tech for BMW.

Now on to some e46 content. Here's a couple quick Pics of my car.

Its a 2003 E46 325 5 speed . SO far it's Completely stock. Except for some minor stuff.

Nothing fancy, no sport package or premium package or anythign to that effect, it was traded in to my dealership, owned by a doctor, the interior is IMMACULATE, the paint is in fairly good shape and the motor is happy as could be :) 77xxx miles on her. I was waiting for us to get a e46 in with some more features but the sales dept, gave me a really good deal, so I couldn't pass it up and I couldn't be happier with it! :D

I love documenting my work on my cars, so expect to see this thread to be written almost like a DIY so those who are interested in things they see, hopefully any question that may rise will be answered. I hope you guys enjoy and keep stoppin by!

First Plans:

-Coilovers On Order
-Paint Kidney Grill Trim Satin Black (Done Pics to come)
-Resurface Headlights, (Done Pics to Come)
-E60 Shifter
-Projector Headlights with LED Halo's

Stance:

Not sure what Wheels I want yet but I'm looking to run 18x10 up front and 18x11 with 215/35 and 235/35 tires offsets I'm not sure, somewhere around et20 or so, I still gotta research more. From what I've seen, for running a 18x10 on the rear, the highest offset you can run without rubbing on the inside is about an et38. so buy throwing 11's back there, I automatically subtract 12.6mm aka 13mm to the et 38 to get a final offset of et25 outback with an 18x11 to be as close as I can without rubbing, than from there I'm going to add about -4 to -5 degrees of camber so I will have to adjust my offset/add spacers to compensate for the rim leaning into the inner wheel well.

Should be an exciting project! I'm looking forward to it! Take care all and thanks for stopping by!

-Austin

See less See more
#164 ·
Lol alright I will Pull it all together!

Wheels: Forged Beyern Bavaria's
Front: 18x10 et 20 w/ 8mm spacers Final et 12
Rear: 18x10 et 20

Tires: Achillies ATR Sports 215/35/ZR18 XL all around.

Speed Rating: W (168 MPH)
Load Rating: 84 (1102 lbs)
Approved Rim Width: 7.0 - 8.5 (for a 215/35/18 :D)
Section Width: 8.5
Sidewall Height: 3.0
UTQG Treadwear: 400
UTQG Traction: AA
UTQG Temperature: A

Camber:
Front: -2.5
Rear: -3.5

I'm doing an alignement tomorrow at work so I will give more specs on what I got aligning it.

Fenders: ARE CURRENTLY JUST FACTORY. Getting Rolled and pulled this week.

Front: Roll and pull. Possibly trim fender liner.
Rear: Roll and Pull. Cleaned all the body filler out of the rear inner fenders to prep for maximum flushness :thumbsup:

#168 ·
Cleaned the car a little and took some more pics :thumbup: I need to get some crystal clear corners and indicators soon. Plus new headlights... Bumpers.. It will never end :rolleyes: Heres just some point and shoot stuff.

Alright! I will have some more DIY's coming soon. Going to wire up exterior door handle lighting. I know we have seen that before.. I plan to wire it iinto the factory harness though. Using factory bmw wiring, connections, even tape! Should be a nice install. Looking forward to it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.