E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Would you have the diffuser painted, or just leave it black?

• Painted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not painted - leave it black

Votes: 30 100.0%

E46 M-Tech 2 rear: Painted diffuser or not?

10K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  203543 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow fanatics,

I'm thinking about getting a rear M-Tech 2 bumper to match my front, and I simply cannot decide whether to leave the diffuser black or have it painted the same color as the bumper and car. It will most likely be accompanied by a quad exhaust setup from Eisenmann.

Painted diffuser:

Black diffuser:

It's worth noting that the diffuser will have that small "hatch" in the middle for the towing hitch (detachable), and I'm thinking it looks a bit dodgy when the diffuser is painted as in the first photo.

What's your take? Would you have it painted or just leave it black?

EDIT: Forgot to say that the black trim will be painted aswell along with the bumper.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
well you've got the black bumper strip on the front, so i'd assume you'd want to follow that theme for the rear, in which I'd say leave it black to match. It flows so well in the second pic you've posted.
The only version of the M-tech II diffuser that I think looks good painted is this one:

#10 ·
here is my AC Schnitzer for M-Tech II diffuser on my old car. Granted it's made to fit flush so it looks best bodycolored.

if OP you really want to make it different, you can paint the raised bottom section of the stock MTech II diffuser silver. it has been done several times on the forum. i think Louis, member "OSS" did it years ago on his car early on in it's transformations.

#7 ·
I had an ACS one and painted it body color to match. It looked great.
But on a stock diffuser I would leave it black. Also would leave it black even more so because of the hitch you spoke of. Black would hide the details of the cover more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.