E46 Fanatics Forum banner

I bought a new (additional) daily driver

26K views 162 replies 63 participants last post by  cd330 
#1 ·
I decided to purchase a 1989 E30 325iX for a daily driver. Only 62230 miles, 2 owner car and yes it is an automatic (wouldnt be my choice but the wife would only agree to me having a third car and a motorcycle if she was able to use it if needed)

See less See more
#123 ·
New updates:

all black trunk carpeting, black rear deck, all black interior carpeting, a set of Recaro front seats, 13 OBC, power sunroof, additional interior lighting (front center and one each above the sun visors, and new E46 sun visors with mirrors and switched power for lights), lighted rear view mirror and rear licence plate filler

And mechanically, drained, flushed and refilled diffs, transfer case and trans. New low speed fan relay, thermostat, and fan clutch

Sound system - added bluetooth and un-installed the non-working multi-CD player that someone sold me on fleabay

#129 ·
Looks good STU! :D Coming along very well. What you use to dye the carpet?

-Trip

#135 ·
Black trunk liner

Rear headrests installed

Black door panels instead of the black vinyl and grey cloth

E46 glove box light installed

Center light over console/dash installed in headliner with the electric sunroof installed as well

Lights installed above visors - waiting to find a set of black or anthrozit E32 visors with the little door that actuates (closes the ground loop) light

#136 ·
going to be installing the headlight washer/wiper system - intensive wash system - soon

I am going to rebuild the transfer case to solve a leak

Then going to have to remove the head and install new head gasket - this thing leaks A LOT...

would folks on here keep those recaros or swap in the leather seats from one of my E46s - I have new Recaro Sportster CS in black leather for my Touring and the seats in that car are in perfect condition, full power sport seats (larger bolsters, etc)

#137 ·
Not sure how I missed this thread, I recall you posting pics in the wagon thread when you got the ix, WOW, amazing progress (as always)!

Subscribing!

#141 ·

rebuilt head by Myster-e Performance, headers from IE, powder coated intake and valve cover

new waterpump, timing belt, engine belts, complete exhaust (new 1st section and cat - the old was crumbling apart), IE rear muffler section, rebuilt oil filter control valve, Miller MAF conversion, new plugs, wires, distributor, coil, crank position sensor, thermostat, all three coolent sensors and radiator

Car runs much better and feels/seems much quicker - still a slow automatic AWD

the idle is REALLY uneven - larger cam - sounds cool but makes car very shaky at stop light with automatic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.