E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  das_autobahn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#4,021 ·
washed my car today and all.. as i was passin thru an interesection green-yellow light with a bit of speed this fvcker comes into my lane w/out looking. I swered into the the other lane and missed her/him by few inches. If i didnt swerve bam accident ..f*cking trucks!!

here's a lil illustration.. some lols

so i guess i almost lost my e46 today!

Attachments

#4,025 ·
I replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter and did the chris brown DIY:clap:. Car idles a whole lot smoother:woot: but have to wait till tomorrow to take it out for a drive:(. I'll take some day time pics of the headlights tomorrow and post them.

Attachments

#4,029 ·
I replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter and did the chris brown DIY:clap:. Car idles a whole lot smoother:woot: but have to wait till tomorrow to take it out for a drive:(. I'll take some day time pics of the headlights tomorrow and post them.
Really??? You blacked out your Highbeam bowls...with flat paint? You do realize that you won't be able to see sh1t at night, right?

#4,034 ·
Gave her a bath.

Peeled off the fake shadowline to better show off ze Hoffmiester kink.

Ordered up a new passenger side mirror to replace mine that fell off all by itself. Oh, not all by itself, it had help from the PO and the body of the mirror was held together with friggin' black silicone!

And I'm getting to the point I need to update my sig. Of course now that she's clean and looking great, the wife will be taking her for all day tomorrow. :bawling:

#4,038 ·
Charlie,

The finish on Imola is amazing!

But, you're so close to that aircraft carrier, couldn't you just offer them $5 and have them lift your car on the deck for the greatest fanatic photo of all time? :lmao:

How'd you remove the painted pinstripe? Besides 'very carefully'? Some paint deglosser? Straight xylene or something? Or is this a secret?

Anyway, beautiful cleaning work! (Did you remove the dust from the inside of the trunk hinges, though? :lmao: That's one of my favorite spots!)

#4,039 ·
Fixed my regulator for the last time. i actually bought the new clips. Put them in and laid the zipties to rest. I have to do the fabric on my 2 front pillars next week. then a week after that. im getting a shark injector, i hope it fixes the lag and makes the car feel more perky. I dunno?

#4,040 ·
Charlie,

The finish on Imola is amazing!
Thanks Doug :thanks:

But, you're so close to that aircraft carrier, couldn't you just offer them $5 and have them lift your car on the deck for the greatest fanatic photo of all time? :lmao:
They told me that they would do it for free just to get an epic pic...:shhh:

How'd you remove the painted pinstripe? Besides 'very carefully'? Some paint deglosser? Straight xylene or something? Or is this a secret?

Anyway, beautiful cleaning work! (Did you remove the dust from the inside of the trunk hinges, though? :lmao: That's one of my favorite spots!)
I used Meguiar's Professional Ultra-Cut Compound #105 to get the painted on pinstripe out. Took lots of patience and time but in the end it looks good :) As for removing dust...I keep something there just for keepsakes from our meeting...:lmao: