E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Dice Vs. Dynavin

Tags
dice dynavin
6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  jeffb325@NavigationSolutions 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,
This marks my first post. Ive been around these forums since getting my car back in Dec. and you guys are amazing. This is a great place to hang around.

On to my first question ever: Do the folks on here recommend going with the DICE (CD changer substitute)or the Dynavin (full head-unit replacement).

My priority is mainly Bluetooth functionality (audio and call streaming), high quality sound (compatible with the Harman Kardon option), and the ability to integrate IPOD system. Though the latter isn't as important considering I have an oldass 60G 5th gen wheely. The navi look would obviously be a plus but is it worth extra $400-500 ?

My main concern is call clarity and seamlessness with audio music. I don't know if the DICE comes with a mic and have heard mixed reviews about call clarity for both parties.

#2 ·
The DICE will mainly be there to play music from your phone or ipod. To make it seemless, you'll need to add in a parrot/connects setup (do a search on those, you'll find lots of threads).

This will give you what you want for half the price of a dynavin. However if you want nav along with several other toys, the dynavin would be the way to go. It really depends on what you want.

#4 ·
Based on what you are after, the DICE MediaBridge will do all that you need. If you are after a touchscreen with navigation and DVD playback, then go with the Dynavin unit. However, if you are solely after iPod and bluetooth integration, you can save a bit with the MediaBridge.

#5 ·
So far the comments are spot on and I agree with them all. My consideration for going with a Dice vs. Dynavin were cost (Dice cheaper, plus I already had Nav), and the fact that I didn't want to put something (a nice shiny Dynavin) in my VERT that would call out to potential thieves to steal - not so much an issue in a non-VERT. The DICE;Parrot/Connects2 works fine. John

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I used to have a lexus with all the mods in the book! Its hard to resist on the e46, but must make an effort to be more conservative this time.
The parrot and media bridge are cheaper options, but seem to be requiring some extra work. I guess I'll wait until it gets warmer before attempting, unless I cave in and just get a DVN :shhh:.

#8 ·
Dynavin was one of the best things I did on my BMW. If they made one for my current car....I would buy it again. Just my suggestion. Best bang for the buck ENTIRE package if you do not have OEM navigation. And it looks like it belongs there.

#12 ·
I've been considering a Dynavin myself, but I've also been looking at the MediaBridge to replace my craptastic Dice Silverline. Do both of those devices support using the Bluetooth to stream the music (I don't have any iProducts), or is the BT only there for phone purposes? I used to have a BT headset that would allow me to use it for phone, but not media; very frustrating. My Droid X holds quite a large chunk of my media collection (32gb micro sd ftw!), and I've never felt the need to own three devices for three separate functions when one can replace them all. No iProducts for me.

#13 ·
The dynavin will any audio via bluetooth....I use it both for content like podcasts/music, as well as apps like siriusXM and pandora.

Dont know about the mediabridge....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.