E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Best In-Dash Dvd Screen with following capabilities:

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Miken168 
#1 ·
1.) DVD
2.) CD
3.) CD-R (mp3's, music videos downloaded etc..)
4.) AM/FM

I know this is pretty knit picky and specific, but I definitely know I want all these functions with an in-dash unit/screen.

So far, I've only seen the Clarion VRX925 and the Panasonic unit (can't recall the model number) who have these functions.

Heard the Clarion model may be a bit "flimsy" and Panasonic's picture quality doesn't rank as high as some other brands.

Any options? Or have you guys had good experiences with either of these? Thanks in advance guys!

:thumbup:

#2 ·
I'm not sure..but I don't think the Clarion unit plays Mp3s. The Panasonic CQ-Vad9200U (that's what I got) does everything and has the digital 5.1 encoder built in..and a 35 watt center channel built in as well. The Clarion Unit has none of these besides touch screen. Also, both have the same "guts." so picture should be similar.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info bro!

You know any shops in the bay area that have the panasonic on display so I can take a look at the pic quality and all before buyin.....sounds like you really like your unit.

Would it be possible for you to take some pics of the display when it's popped out and also when it's in the dash? I'd really appreciate it...thanks!:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.