E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #1501
X_V

My Ride: 2006 X5 E53 3.0d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspectcarl View Post
That's a very nice interface, are you using it yet?
Thanks, credit really goes to idorel77 for the look, I just adjusted it from being touch to rotary button friendly.
Yes, I am using it but only for music. Haven't tweaked any of the other buttons on the home screen yet. I've been busy replacing front end suspension components and brakes so hopefully will have some time to dedicate to Kodi skinning shortly.
Will let you guys know when I have something suitable for sharing.
X_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #1502
Aspectcarl

My Ride: E46 M3
X_V I'd be interested in seeing what you have as soon as convenient I'd like to contribute to the work effort and at the same time learn something new! squinting at that tiny font is doing my eyes no good!
Aspectcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #1503
bmwdud121

My Ride: 2002 330i
Really great to see more interfaces coming up! Hope to give this one a shot when it's ready and provide any help where I can
bmwdud121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #1504
harryberlin

My Ride: E39 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_V View Post
Good to hear. I had/have the same problem so decided to modify a skin based on the CarPC-touch skin by idorel77 until I realised the following challenges:
  • This skin is designed for touch screen so I had to modify button focus to use our rotary buttons. Wasn't as easy as expected.
  • Creating/modifying skins can be quite overwhelming especially for newbs like moi.
Due to the above, this is slow work in progress. I've got the Music working well enough to use but all the other menus need the XML files adjusted to use the rotary button. Here is what i've got so far...
Does it work on Kodi17?
Do you have seen this skin-mod http://raspicarprojekt.de/showthread.php?tid=790 on german forum?
Version for Kodi 17 is in progress.
harryberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #1505
X_V

My Ride: 2006 X5 E53 3.0d
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryberlin View Post
Does it work on Kodi17?
Do you have seen this skin-mod http://raspicarprojekt.de/showthread.php?tid=790 on german forum?
Version for Kodi 17 is in progress.
Hi Harry,
I have not tried it yet on 17 as I'm running OpenElec 7.0.1 which I believe has Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
Just having a quick look on the current posts at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...082#pid2597082 I think others have tried on 17 without success.
No, I haven't been to that german forum before but the screen shots look very similar or possibly another fork of CarPC touch which I think is based on re-Touched.
Great to see we've re-generated a level of interest back in skin development
X_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #1506
vitalic

My Ride: E38
@Pete, how much power can your board deliver?

I mean how much Amps (A) ?

Planning something with many consumers...
vitalic is offline   Reply With Quote