E46 Fanatics Forum banner

schrick 304/296 camshafts?

14K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  chlippo 
#1 ·
we are considering the shcrick 304/296 camshafts on one of my freinds M3 E46 2003. The car have already uprated internals and pistons, a CSL style air intake and a couple of more stuff...
the ecu will be retuned.

what do you think about those?
turner and vac have them for around the same price (1600) can it be found cheaper?

#6 ·
depends on what compression you are going to run with those cams...
nothing lower than 13,5 is going to work with them
and the rpm is needed to be above 9000 to keep the car in the power band...

how do i know? had them on my car for some time

after many many attempts to tune them properly the result was the car to loose power from its previous set up with 288/280

my compression is 12,5:1 and with the 288/280 at 8500rpm the car is now just perfect

you may also consider going to stand alone so you would be able to control the vanos with bigger margins than what the dme allows you.

also you can block off the vanos and again go to stand alone with bigger lift cams than 11,5

depends on what the car is going for...

but for street the 288/280 works better more reliable with the vanos and not as hard to tune the ecu...

#8 ·
the car got 12.50 compression and it will be tuned to shift at 9200 rpm. It does currently have 8500 rpm with the 288/280 cams, CSL style intake and NOS.

we dont want to block off the vanos...trying to get the most from the engine with vanos on.

so it didnt work with ur car??

#10 ·
same compression
csl intake

mss54 hp ecu...actually the car got worst with the 304/296 set...

seriously worse....just don't do it mate...leave it with the 288/280 or raise the compression

i believe you have valves and springs for the head but what did you do with the oil pump and the crank to go to 9200rpm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.