E46 Fanatics Forum banner
681K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  332 
#1 ·
:eeps:

#4,753 ·
Kaelynn will be 10 before she can spell her name. (I had to cut'n paste it myself). I hope you have been bottling sleep. I remember wondering what I used to do with all the time that now goes into being a parent. My son is now 9 and races a FBJ Kart with the SCCA at autocross events. Good times ahead!

#4,755 ·
hey anyone know of someone selling a cheap car? under 2k and 4drs. totaled my 330 and need something just to get around for now. on a side note i have a dinan strut bar for sale 200. i know it fits coupes not sure about 4drs. also have a mtech 5sp shift knob, some tools from the tool kit and a brand new aux port that fits in the oem radio. make offers if interested.

#4,768 · (Edited)
Hey Denver/Colorado Fanatics! I'm from KC so usually I'm over in the Kansas thread, but I thought I'd post up here and say hi. :hi:

I'm a senior in high school and I'm contemplating where I will go to college. Right now my top two choices (where I've been accepted and all) are The University of Denver and Colorado State University. I intend to pursue an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and maybe some day add an MBA on top of that. or something. I don't really know lol.

Anybody have any comments or thoughts about DU or CSU? I know they're pretty different schools, but I also know I would be happy at either. My family and I are driving out to Ft. Collins next week to visit and talk to some people, and then down to Denver to do the same.

Maybe I'll meet some of you guys this fall :thumbsup:

#4,771 · (Edited)
You will like Colorado a lot.
I go to CU for my masters in engineering, I am taking a break this semester though.

I think it will be better if you go to CSU or CU boulder if you are looking for mechanical engineering. CU Denver is not very organized in terms of administration and faculty. Worst is my school, school of computer science and engineering. They have created so many blunders because of ever changing rules and lack of communication with the administration.

School of mines is the best for an engineering student I'd say.

Good luck.

Edit: for masters degree I'd definitely say DU hands down. Their business school is one of the top and very good environment to study there.

#4,770 ·
That's good to hear. I've known about FSAE for years. For a while there was no doubt in my mind that I would want to participate on the team at my school.

DU doesn't have a team. Actually engineering at DU is much, much, much smaller than at CSU -- from what I can tell right now. I'll have better numbers once I get some face time with some professors. This is what I was saying about the two schools being very different. CSU is a "big state school" while DU is a "small private school." I have also been accepted to KU and The University of Tulsa, but I would rather go to the Colorado schools :p

#4,775 ·
You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt. You need to manage your debt!

What I mean is, go to the cheapest school you can for undergrad! A ME degree from DU will get you the exact same job as one from CSU, for the exact same pay, except you'll be drowning under a mountain of debt from DU. (Unless you get a full ride, or have exceptionally nice parents)

For your MBA, your job prospects are very much tied to what program you graduate from. Unless you end up in a top tier program, like an Ivy League school, Stanford, Univ of Chicago, etc, it's not worth spending the cash to go to a second tier, private school. At that point, go to the cheapest program you can find. The big companies are going to recruit out of the top ten schools (Ivy's) and pretty much ignore the rest.

Don't put yourself in a hole financially before you even get started.

#4,780 ·
Thanks for all the advise everyone.

I spent all day at CSU yesterday and all day at DU today. I don't think my opinion changed too much to be honest. Neither school is too hard to "figure out" and I already knew a decent amount about the schools going in. I learned alot of details about the individual programs, housing, exact numbers in the departments, ect. Like I said earlier, I would be happy at either, but I have to make up my mind eventually :rofl:

I'll definitely be in contact if I have any more specific questions. :hi:

#4,781 ·
I'm thinking about selling my pristine M3 convertible garage queen and getting a 135i convertible daily driver. I'd use my current DD - 2004 4Runner whenever the snow gets nasty. Reasons: I want to drive a car daily, and I just don't think the M3 is a great daily driver/family car. Also, I can't imagine the SMG repair bills will be cheap if/when they come.

Thoughts? Am I high?

#4,782 ·
Yes, you're high. Why would you sell a pristing M3 convertible for another convertible? I could see selling it to get a car more suitable for daily driving, like a sedan, SUV, something with a hard top.

Why do you think you'll daily drive the 135 convertible when you're not doing it now, with a car that's basically the same? The M3 is exactly the same kind of car, it's a convertible, it's rear wheel drive, it has a small back seat and trunk as the 135 convertible, nothing changes there.

If you have the itch for a new car and want to scratch it, go for it! Logically what you're saying makes no sense though.

#4,783 ·
First, thanks for the opinion. I asked for it I got it. I think the main difference I'm looking for is M vs. Non-M. Sure who doesn't love the prestige and performance of an M, but really it's loud and brutal. I think I'm past the boy-racer that I was when I was younger. I don't think I could tolerate it on a day-day basis. I want a little quieter and more refined.

I test drove a 135i convertible yesterday. I think it's a better fit for me as far as suspension and noise. I just have to find one optioned the way I want it, and I can wait.

#4,785 ·
Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while but a fellow Fanatic JealousWorld gave me a ride yesterday in his new HPF M3 yesterday, at the dyno day I can't describe how fast that car felt, an i've driven an rode in a lot of decently fast cars before, but that car is very impressive. Thanks again JelousWorld :drool:

#4,789 ·
Thanks,
I will probably be utilizing these all season. The DWS is def high on the list. I am more curious about a suitable size for a 9" wide rim. I'm thinking maybe 235/40R18 but I don't want to stretch the tire and make it useless. I also don't want so much tire that I'm rubbing the fenders and prematurely wearing them out. Probably going to be walking a fine line putting ridiculous wheels like this on an xi. LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.